UNDER MAINLY CLOUDSY SKIES IT WAS SO NICE TO SEE A FEW SPIRIT LIFTING BLUE SKY PATCHES WITH ACCOMPANYING SUN SPLASHES DRIFTING SLOWLY ALONG OVER THE COUNTRYSIDE
I stood at our living room window staring blankly at the cold gray morning in front of me. A slight dusting of snow and a few errant flakes in the air. I knew this day would come. I didn’t want to sit around the house and yet I didn’t feel like going outside into the cold and gray either. Walked back to my recliner and flopped myself down. Seconds later I a had a certain little doggy on my lap with tail wagging and pleading eyes saying, ‘come on Dad lets go for a Jeep ride anyway.’ Well, how do you say no to a little Sweetheart like that and minutes later we were on our way.
Drove through a few patches of sunshine on our way to Goderich. A cold East wind kept our outside time to a minimum down by the doggy walking beach and it wasn’t long before we were back in the warm Jeep headed home.
No wind in our little pine forest so I worked away at re-arranging our bird feeders. And more and more Christmas decorations seem to popping up here and there around our house. Of course I would sooner be in the Southwest but must admit it’s been kind of nice feeling that oh so long lost Christmas spirit of mine slowly coming back. For we Northerners it just doesn’t feel like Christmas without snow. Out of all the Christmas’s we had in the Southwest not one of them ever felt like Christmas to me. Just another nice warm day in the desert.
SMALL WHITE SNOWFLAKES IN THE AIR AND SOME HAVE LANDED ON THIS BLACK SQUIRRL
Looking back on American Thanksgiving days I see that in 2007 we started our day off early in the morning after spending a Rough Night at the south rim of Arizona’s Grand Canyon. (In 2006 we were still in Bayfield yet and didn’t leave for the southwest until December 16th)
SOUTH OF PAGE ARIZONA ON OUR WAY TO THE GRAND CANYON’S SOUTH RIM ON THANKSGIVING DAY 2007 AND YEP THAT’S KELLY OUT THERE
2008 found us in Oliver Lee State Park just outside of Alamogordo New Mexico with a hydraulic jack problem
The following year in 2009 we were ranch sitting near McNeal and spent part of the day in Bisbee Arizona.
‘SAY, DID YA HEAR THE ONE ABOUT THE DONKEY AND THE PREACHER’
‘HEE-HAW-HEE-HAW-HEE-HAW THAT’S A GOOD ONE AL’
In 2010 this day we were just east of Elfrida Arizona camped at a vacant house and property in the shadows of the Swiss Helm Mountains. Found A Grave Today.
In 2011 we spent the day in transit from Truth or Consequences New Mexico to a boondocking site just west of Tucson Arizona. From 32F In New Mexico To 81F In Arizona.
On this day in 2012 we were at our Congress Arizona house and had a Surprise Delivery from RV friends Jim and Bev.
2013 found us in Borrego Springs California Relaxing With Our New Solar Panel
And just a couple days later we were off to find The Great Stone Eagle.
We were in Slab City California on this day in 2014 and it was a Saturday night so we were 'Rockin At The Range'.
In 2015 Pheebs and I were Cruising Through The Desert east of Wickenburg Arizona. And a year ago 2016 on the American Thanksgiving day Pheebs and I were again bombing around in the desert east of Wickenburg.
Richard replaced a wheel bearing in his van this morning so picked me up in the early afternoon for a coffee run to test out his work and see if he got everything sorta put back in the right place. I was along for moral support in case the wheel fell off. It didn’t and we made it back home in a short couple hours all in one piece, wheel bearing and all.
NOPE IT’S NOT A WHEAT FIELD ON THE CANADIAN PRAIRIES IT’S A CORN FIELD A FEW MILES NORTH OF OUR HOUSE ON PORTER HILL LINE THIS MORNING
GROANER’S CORNER:(( Reasons Why The English Language Is Hard To Learn::
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
13) They were too close to the door to close it.
14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18) After a number of injections my jaw got number.
19) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
20) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
21) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
-“The flipside of contagious gum disease is an infectious smile.”
-“What happened to the rich guy with the double chin? He made a four chin.”