Pheebs and I this morning decided to pop in and visit our good friends Richard and Gayle who have recently moved back to our area. They are doing fine and it probably won't be long before Richard and I head out on one of our enjoyable Thursday morning country road coffee tours. I figure this increasingly crazy world we live in is long overdue for another darn good straightening out:))
SIGNS OF SPRING ON OUR PARK'S POND GOLDFINCHES ARE QUICKLY SLIPPING BACK INTO THEIR SUMMER COLORS
With sunshine, mid-forties temps, and no wind, it was a decent afternoon to get outside and do some good old early Spring puttering. Hauled out a few summer yard things, changed the birdseed station again, sorted through some stuff in our sheds, and raked up some more birdseed husks, etc. Nice to be out in the fresh air.
'I'M READY FOR MY CLOSE-UP MR, DEMILLE' HOW NICE TO SEE OUR BACKYARD EMERGING FROM UNDER THE SNOW AGAIN IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE I HAVE A BACKYARD CAMPFIRE GOING
Glancing across the road in front of our house this afternoon I was surprised to see all the snow had melted off the trail under a growth of tall pine trees leading to the Park's pond. I quickly rounded up Pheebs and minutes later we were off for an afternoon walk. Again, I was surprised to see how much ground was showing through the snow. The snowpack is going down fast. With two days of rain coming in it will really knock the ka-bloobers out of that cold white stuff.
NOT SATISFIED WITH MY LATEST BIRDSEED STATION I HAVE NOW SET UP THIS ONE A FEW DAYS AGO THIS AREA STILL HAD A LOT OF SNOW IN IT PHEEBS LEADS THE WAY ACROSS A PATCH OF SNOW AT THE NORTHEAST END OF OUR PARK'S POND
I finished another rather remarkable and eye-opening book a couple days ago called UFO of GOD. It's the story of the Chris Bledsoe family from near Fayetteville North Carolina. I found this family's story honestly compelling. The book tells how this very religious man through mental and physical hardship and ridicule came to first understand and then accept and embrace the undeniable connection between the UFO phenomenon and religion. Because of all the reading I have done these past three years, that is something I had suspected for quite some time.........Today I started a new book by retired Colonel John B Alexander called, Reality Denied. With each and every one of these books, I always look forward to the journey it will take me on and what new things I will learn along that journey's way:)) Quote: 'We are spiritual beings having a human experience'.
MOST OF THE POND'S SURFACE IS STILL FROZEN EXCEPT FOR A SMALL PATCH WHERE THE 2 MALLARD DUCKS AND 2 CANADIAN GEESE ARE
|SO GREAT TO SEE ALL THE ICE AND SNOW MELTING OFF OUR DRIVEWAY|
Little Johnny's new baby brother was screaming up a storm. Johnny asked his mom, where did he come from? He came from heaven, Johnny. Wow! I can see why they threw him out!!
A police recruit was asked during the exam, "What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother?" He answered, "Call for backup."
YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN ARIZONA WHEN:
- You notice your car overheating before you drive it.
- You know a swamp cooler is not a happy hour drink.
- You can say 115 degrees without fainting.
- You can be in the snow, then drive for twenty minutes and it will be over 100 degrees.
- You discover, in July, that it only takes two fingers to drive your car.
- You can make sun tea instantly.
- You run your air conditioner in the middle of winter so you can use your fireplace.
- You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
- You realize that Valley Fever isn't a disco dance.
- Hotter water comes from the cold water tap than the hot one.
- You can pronounce the words: "Saguaro", "Tempe", "Gila Bend", "San Xavier", "Canyon de Chelly", "Mogollon Rim", "Cholla", and Tlaquepaque".
- You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
- Sunscreen is sold year-round, kept at the front of the checkout counter,
- Hot air balloons can't go up, because the air outside is hotter than the air inside.
- No one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car.
- You can understand the reason for a town named "Why." (Yep, the Bayfield Bunch has been in 'Why' Arizona a number of times over the years)