Sometimes it's the warmth of the sun on a chilly morn and sometimes it's the touch of a cool breeze. Sometimes it's the sound of cornstalks rustling in the wind and sometimes it's the smell of country in the air. Sometimes it's all of them and sometimes it's none, but whatever it is, it's yet another day to put another foot forward and become as one with another day.
PHEEBS KEEPS A CLOSE EYE ON A POND FROG
|WITH A TOUCH OF BLUE FROM A NIGHT LIGHT, A NARROW SHAFT OF EVENING SUNLIGHT ALIGHTS ON A WHITE HYDRANGEA|
GROANER'S CORNER:(( Golfing Realities...- Golf balls are like eggs. They're white, they're sold by the dozen, and every week you have to buy more.
- A pro-shop gets its name from the fact that you have to have the income of a professional golfer to buy anything in there.
- It's amazing how a golfer who never helps out around the house will replace his divots, repair his ball marks, and rake his sand traps.
- When you stop to think about it, did you ever notice that it's a lot easier to get up at 6:00 a.m. to play golf than at 10:00 a.m. to mow the lawn?
- It takes longer to learn good golf than it does brain surgery. On the other hand, you seldom get to ride around on a cart, drink beer and eat hot dogs while performing brain surgery.
- A good golf partner is one who's always slightly worse than you.
- That rake by the sand trap is there for golfers who feel guilty about skipping out on lawn work.
- If your opponent has trouble remembering whether he shot a six or a seven, he probably shot an eight.
Judge: Is there any reason you could not serve as a juror in this case? Juror: I don't want to be away from my job that long. Judge: Can't they do without you at work? Juror: Yes, but I don't want them to know it.