It was under a solid cloud cover with a few drops of rain and a slightly chilly south wind that Pheebs and I walked our gravel road this morning. The predicted high of 95F Tuesday has been revised down to 84F. Still too hot for me but thank you anyway.
Despite not having a good night, Kelly was up bright and early and off to Goderich for her 9 a.m. first nurse practitioner appointment. Seeing how our Canadian health care system is different than the American system I'll try to clear a few things up here because I know it is confusing for folks south of the border. Previously, Kelly had a general practitioner doctor here in Bayfield and I personally never felt she got the attention she deserved. During Covid, that doctor gave up that Bayfield practice and moved to a different location. It was at this time, and after receiving emergency care at the Goderich hospital by a very helpful lady doctor a number of months ago, that Kelly made the decision to change doctors and apply to the Maitland Valley Medical Group and specifically to the same nurse practitioner that I have. She was accepted and that automatically gives her a new general practitioner doctor as well. She now has a local team effort behind her operating out of the Goderich Hospital and Medical Center. In addition to this Kelly also has her own excellent hepatologist gastroenterologist doctor specialist in London Ontario who is treating her for the liver disease she has. Two different medical teams working together to give Kelly the best possible medical attention and treatment she needs. Incidentally, her London doctor's office called today and her doctor will be in touch with her via phone next Tuesday, a week from tomorrow.
The senility prayer...God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference...Now that I am older, here's what I have discovered:
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats have turned into prunes and All-Bran.
3. I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded...
5. All reports are in; life is now officially unfair.
6. If all is not lost, where is it?
7. It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
8. Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
9. I wish the buck stopped here; I sure could use a few.
10. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
11. Accidents in the back seat - cause kids.
12. It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.
13. Only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the bathroom.
14. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
15. When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone decide to play chess?
16. It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.
17. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
18. These days I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter.... I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I'm here after....