It had been about a year since I last had an appointment with my diabetic nurse person at Goderich's Maitland Valley Medical Centre and this morning I was there for a nine o'clock appointment. For the most part, she said I was doing good but could do better so we went over things for me to do to make that happen. I cringe every time I hear the word vegetables. Yuck, patouie-patouie!! And there's no way I am going to eat fish without at least a quarter-inch of batter on it. Therefore I won't be eating any fish. However, I do know where I can make other changes so I will concentrate my efforts in those directions. She said my blood pressure was great so that was a bonus.
ONLY TOOK 3 PHOTOS TODAY AND ONE IS OF THIS ODD LOOKING UNFAMILIAR SHIP TRAVELING FROM NORTH TO SOUTH PAST GODERICH'S HARBOR
It's not often Pheebs and I grab some breakfast along the way but we made an exception this morning by stopping at A&W for a double buddy burger on the way home. For $2:35 it's the best burger for the buck. And they taste great too. Amazingly enough, I didn't even have to share any of it with my clean shirt either:))
AFTER HAVING A GREAT SPLASHING BATH IN OUR BIRDBATH THIS BLUE JAY FLEW OVER AND LANDED ON OUR BIRD STATION SPREADING OUT ITS WINGS TO DRY FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES BEFORE FLYING AWAY
GROANER'S CORNER:(( Northerners visiting the South Information for Northerners Visiting the Southern States: If you are from the northern states and planning on visiting or moving to the south, there are a few things you should know that will help you adapt to the difference in lifestyles:
PHEEBS AND I AT A&W THIS MORNING WAITING FOR OUR DOUBLE BUDDY BURGER:))
3. Remember: "Y'all" is singular, "All y'all" is plural, and "All y'alls'" is plural possessive.
5. You may hear a Southerner say "Oughta!" to a dog or child. This is short for "Y'all oughta not do that!" and is the equivalent of saying "No!"
6. Don't be worried about not understanding what people are saying; they can't understand you, either.
8. The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.
9. Be advised that "He needed killin'" is a valid defense here.
10. If you hear a Southerner exclaim "Hey, y'all, watch this," stay out of the way. These are likely to be the last words he'll ever say.
11. If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the smallest accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It doesn't matter whether you need anything or not. You just have to go there.
12. When you come upon a person driving 15 mph down the middle of the road, remember that most folks here learn to drive on a John Deere and that this is the proper speed and position for that vehicle.
That is an interesting ship for the Great Lakes.ReplyDelete
Hah. I hope your diabetes nurse doesn't read your blog. You cringe at vegetables, she'd cringe at double buddy burger. I myself approve of both. I like food.ReplyDelete