Monday, June 21, 2021

MIGHT HAVE TO DUST OFF MY VERILUX T20 LIGHT THERAPY LAMP SOON

A late-day Sunday weather forecast had dropped the 'T' word into an approaching storm from the south but the only thing that came through in the night was wind and rain, cooler temperatures, and no Tornados.  It was cool enough this morning for me to throw on a lite nylon jacket.  And that was quite okay.

WIND AND RAIN HAVE KNOCKED DOWN A FEW PATCHES OF WHEAT IN THIS FIELD
Not a long Jeep ride again but I did manage to scrabble together a few photos along the way.  Surprisingly, country roads weren't that muddy after all the rain.    

WIND TURBINES SOMETIMES HAVE A HABIT OF 'PHOTO-BOMBING' MY PHOTOS
Kelly's quarantine is over so she was out and about chasing around in her Pontiac Sunfire today.  With a thickening cloud cover overhead, I stuck pretty close to our sunroom until early afternoon when the Sun finally broke through.  I zipped outside and mowed the grass just before the clouds moved back in and we got a few more drops of rain.

A SHADY LANE
 MAYBE THESE ARE LITTLE GREEN BEEBLEBERRIES:))
I was glad to see workers and a big crane at Bayfield's new bridge lifting some of the bridge's heavy steel infrastructure into place.  It will be nice to have that spiffy new bridge completed at some point.

NICE TO SEE SOME ACTION AT THE NEW BAYFIELD BRIDGE SITE AGAIN

Okay, so with our days getting shorter now will this mean I'll have to change my outside light timers soon?  Does it mean I had better get ready to dust off my Verilux T20 Light Therapy lamp to make up for the declining daylight, double up on my Iron Pills, read about Melatonin all over again, and put fresh batteries in all my 11 flashlights?  And here just when I thought our days were getting longer.....they are already getting shorter:((  
GROANER'S CORNER:((   
As a woman was about to go home from a long and stressful day at the office, her cell phone rang. It was her husband.  "Will you be joining me in the whirlpool bath tonight?" he asked.  "What a lovely way to spend an evening," she thought.  She was about to tell him how considerate he was when he continued, "because if you're not, I need to start adding more water to the tub."

===================

5 comments:

1. OK. What the heck are beeble berries. OK. I got un-lazy and googled. It's an unidentified berry....Sheesh. Well, they're cute.

ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday you mentioned turning into a night owl.....
    enjoying naps.... now a light for the sun you are sleeping through?
    You're already "down" about the shorter day today.....hmmmmm.
    An adjustment is needed somewhere. Have a lovely day, Al.

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dear, I guess my little attempt at some humor didn't fly so well. I wasn't really down about the shorter day, I was trying to poke some fun at the day's 'unnoticeable' shortness. My dusting off the Verilux light added some weight to my already intentionally exaggerated reaction to less light. And turning into a Night Owl all's I can say about that is, I'm looking forward to it. And yup, my day has certainly been lovely alright...despite the shorter day of course. Thanks for the comment Barb.

Delete
    2. Oh dear, me too. I knew you were being sarcastic. I guess I wanted to say your attitude needs an adjustment. We can choose to be happy & how we respond to life. Our views affect others in ways we don't notice. I guess I just didn't want to hear it. Sorry, Al, I'll shut up now :)

Delete
  3. This year is going by so quick. Merry Christmas ;)

ReplyDelete