With our temperatures on the rise, it is once again beginning to feel like Spring. And that of course had me happily outside on the end of my yard work tools. Cleaned most of the glass in the Motorhome, raked out some muddy ruts in the driveway, chopped up some ice and snow to hasten its melt, raked up some more yard debris, and began hauling out some summer lawn stuff from our wood storage shed. I'm always anxious to get our two sheds straightened up after critters have seen fit to spend the entire winter re-arranging everything inside to fit their furry little lifestyles.
SIGNS OF SPRING AT OUR HOUSE
- One of the options on your truck is a spitoon.
IT WAS A GOOD DAY FOR CLEANING SCOOTER'S GLASS OUR SUMMER DECK STUFF IS BEGINNING TO APPEAR MY LITTLE CONTRIBUTION TO HELPING THE SNOW MELT FASTER WE'RE NOT GOLFERS BUT WE DO KEEP A SMALL SUPPLY OF GOLF BALLS HANDY SO NICE TO SEE GREEN IN OUR FRONT YARD AGAIN YEP, EARLY SPRING IS BEGINNING TO BUST OUT ALL OVER
With another sunny day helping to dry up all the mud it made for easier walking this afternoon for Pheebs and I. Small patches of snow here and there in the forest will probably be all gone in the next couple of days. So glad it's the middle of March and not the middle of November. It is always such a great feeling each year at this time to have the depressingly miserable winter behind us with warmer Spring weather on our doorstep.
IN THIS FRONT YARD MAGNOLIA BUD I SEE A FRIZZY HEADED ALIEN FACE LOOKING OVER ITS RIGHT SHOULDER
- The Halloween pumpkin on your front porch has more teeth than your spouse.
- You let your twelve-year-old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.
- You think a woman who is "out of your league" bowls on a different night.
- Jack Daniels makes your list of "Most Admired People."
- You wonder how service stations keep their restrooms so clean.
- Anyone in your family ever died right after saying, "Hey, y'all watch this."
- You've got more than one brother named 'Darryl.'