Our overnight storm did not dump the amount of snow forecasters were predicting. We might have got half an inch. It continued snowing most of the day but it was a light snow and didn't really amount to any kind of accumulation. Biggest problem was the cold southwest wind blowing all that light snow around making it 'not a nice day'. Pheebs and I cruised into Bayfield for a wee drive but were home again less than an hour later. A weather advisory says snow squalls overnight and blowing snow in the morning possibly causing bad driving conditions. We'll see what happens.
CONSTRUCTION IS ABOUT TO RESUME ON THE BAYFIELD BRIDGE COMPLETE WITH A COUPLE ROAD CLOSURES NEXT WEEK A COLD BLUSTERY WINTER'S DAY AND NOT NICE TO BE OUTSIDE HEADING INTO BAYFIELD I SAW THESE TRUCKS PARKED ALONGSIDE THE ROAD THIS BAILEY BRIDGE IS GOING TO BE CLOSED A COUPLE DAYS NEXT WEEK SLIPPED DOWN TO THE HARBOR TO CHECK ON THE TIPPY FISHING BOAT AND SAW SOME EQUIPMENT SITTING AROUND
|STRONG SOUTHWEST WINDS WERE AGAIN WHIPPING UP LAKE HURON|
|AND OF COURSE YOU KNEW WE HAD TO TAKE A DRIVE THROUGH THE CEMETERY|
|AND PHEEBS DIDN'T EVEN SEEM TO CARE WHEN THE WINTERY WINDS BLEW MY HAT RIGHT OFF|
|I THINK THAT IS ONE OF THE LARGE PIECES OF STEEL THEY MAY BE LIFTING|
|I THINK THAT RED THING IS PART OF THE CRANE ASSEMBLY|
GROANER'S CORNER:(( And how's this for a nice Feeling Good Moment It just might quack you up:))
Not So Famous Last Words:1. It's fireproof.
2. He's probably just hibernating.
3. What does this button do?
4. It's probably just a rash.
5. Are you sure the power is off?
6. The odds of that happening have to be a million to one!
7. Pull the pin and count to what?
8. Which wire was I supposed to cut?
9. I wonder where the mother bear is.
10. I've seen this done on TV.
11. These are the good kind of mushrooms.
12. I'll hold it and you light the fuse.
13. Let it down slowly.
14. It's strong enough for both of us.
15. This doesn't taste right.
16. I can make this light before it changes.
17. Nice doggie.
18. I can do that with my eyes closed.
19. I've done this before.
20. What duck?
21. Well, we've made it this far.
22. That's odd.
23. Don't be so superstitious.