Bit of a change to our routine this morning as all three of us all piled into the Jeep and headed for Clinton's Snips & Clips. Pheebs had a 9 a.m. appointment with the groomer. We dropped her off right on time then headed a short distance south of Clinton to Kate's Station for a good feed of bacon, eggs, toast, and coffee. We couldn't remember the last time the two of us had gone out for breakfast. Picked up our spiffy little furry Birthday girl at 10 and off for home we went. And as usual, they did a great job at Snips & Clips:))
|PHEEBS HEADS INTO 'SNIPS & CLIPS|
|AN HOUR LATER WE ARE BACK AT 'SNIPS & CLIPS' TO PICK UP ONE VERY HAPPY LITTLE DOG|
|PHEEBS OFFERS ASSURANCE TO ANOTHER DOG JUST COMING IN|
|LOOK AT THAT SPIFFY SHINE ON OUR VERY SPECIAL LITTLE BIRTHDAY GIRL|
Despite a beautiful Autumn afternoon we only did about half of our forest walk. Pheebs wasn't into it knowing Kelly was in the kitchen cooking. Pheebs likes to help Mom with the cooking so we turned around and she made a bee-line for home. I kinda slogged slowly along behind wondering if it was the two pieces of toast I ate this morning that had me dragging.When I went to bed Tuesday night I was 75 years old and when I woke up Wednesday morning I was 76. Now how in the heck does that kind of thing happen anyway. Age can be a sneaky thing in how it slips up on someone when they are sleeping and officially changes their age overnight. Do you suppose if we never fell asleep we'd never get old?
GROANER'S CORNER:(( A musical director was having a lot of trouble with one drummer. He talked and talked and talked with the drummer, but his performance simply didn't improve. Finally, before the whole orchestra, he said, "When a musician just can't handle his instrument and doesn't improve when given help, they take away the instrument, and give him two sticks, and make him a drummer." A stage whisper was heard from the percussion section: "And if he can't even handle that, they take away one of his sticks and make him a conductor."
The Top Ten Differences Between Cats & Dogs:
10. Dogs come when you call them. Cats take a message and get back to you when they are good and ready.
9. Dogs will let you give them a bath without taking out a contract on your life.
8. Dogs will bark to wake you up if the house is on fire. Cats will quietly sneak out the back door.
7. Dogs will bring you your slippers or the evening newspaper. Cats might bring you a dead mouse.
6. Dogs will play Frisbee with you all afternoon. Cats will take a three-hour nap.
5. Dogs will sit on the car seat next to you. Cats have to have their own private box or they will not go at all.
4. Dogs will greet you and lick your face when you come home from work. Cats will be mad that you went to work at all.
3. Dogs will sit, lie down, and heel on command. Cats will smirk and walk away.
2. Dogs will tilt their heads and listen whenever you talk. Cats will yawn and close their eyes.
1. Dogs will give you unconditional love forever. Cats will make you pay for every mistake you've ever made since the day you were born.