'WOW' What a beautiful morning here only two days before the official start of Autumn. September and October's magic is already in the air. The Crickets have told me so.
BREAKFAST JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM OUR HOUSE THIS MORNING AUTUMN'S PAINTBRUSH HAS ALREADY TOUCHED A FEW LEAVES RIPENING CORN FIELD'S ARE SLOWLY LOSING THEIR DEEP GREEN COLOR A GOLDEN BEAN FIELD AWAITS THE COMING HARVEST
|SUMMER'S GREEN WILL SOON BE GONE|
|A MENNONITE SAWMILL FARM|
|THE MAITLAND RIVER SOMEWHERE WEST OF BELGRAVE ONTARIO|
|I WONDER IF KELLY AND I COULD MAKE THIS PLACE WORK|
|1878 ON THIS TOMBSTONE|
|CORN WILL BE THE NEXT BIG HARVEST|
|A RESTORED OLD STONE SCHOOLHOUSE|
It was nearly 12:30 when we made it home and backed into the driveway after our 103-mile 4 hour round trip drive. It had been an especially great morning simply because we had seen some refreshing new scenery for a change. Not much going on for the rest of the day but Pheebs and I did make it out for our usual afternoon forest walk. These are precious days each year at this time.
GROANER'S CORNER:(( You Know When You're Having A Bad Day When::
- Your accountants letter of resignation is postmarked Zurich, Switzerland.
- You have to hitch hike to the bank to make your car payment.
- Your suggestion box starts ticking.
- Your secretary tells you the FBI is on line 1, the DA is on line 2, and CBS is on line 3.
- You see your stockbroker hitchhiking out of town.
- You see the captain running toward the railing wearing a life jacket.
- They pay your wages out of petty cash.
- You make more than you ever made, owe more than you ever owed, and have less than you've ever had.
- You tell the barber what you think about his prices before you get your haircut.
- Getting there is half the fun and three-fourths of the vacation budget.
- The simple instructions enclosed aren't.- A black cat crosses your path and drops dead.