|STARTING TO LOOK A LITTLE MORE LIKE 'CHRISTMAS IN BAYFIELD'.....DID YOU NOTICE THE GUY SHOVELING THE DECK?|
|THE OFFSHORE ICE PACK HAD STARTED TO BREAK UP DURING OUR MILD SPELL A FEW DAYS AGO|
|RAIN OR SNOW, SLEET OR HAIL, COLD OR WET, THE WORK GOES ON AT BAYFIELD'S BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION|
|THIS FELLA IS ON HIS PHONE SAYING....'HEY MOM I HATE THIS JOB CAN I COME HOME'|
|NEW BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION CAN BE SEEN COMING IN FROM THE RIGHT|
|WE STOP FOR A SHORT OUTING IN BAYFIELD'S CEMETERY|
- Choir: A group of people whose singing allows the rest of the congregation to lip-sync.
- Holy Water: A liquid whose chemical formula is H2OLY.
- Hymn: A song of praise, usually sung in a key three octaves higher than that of the congregation’s range.
- Incense: Holy Smoke!
- Jesuits: An order of priests known for their ability to found colleges with good basketball teams.
- Jonah: The original “Jaws” story.
- Justice: When your children have kids of their own.
- Kyrie Eleison: The only Greek words that most Catholics can recognize besides gyros and baklava.
- Magi: The most famous trio to attend a baby shower.
- Manger: 1. Where Mary gave birth to Jesus because Joseph wasn’t covered by an HMO. 2- The Bible’s way of showing us that holiday travel has always been rough.
- Pew: A medieval torture device still found in Catholic Churches.
- Procession: The ceremonial formation at the beginning of Mass, consisting of altar servers, the celebrant, and late parishioners looking for seats.
- Recessional: The ceremonial procession at the conclusion of Mass—lead by parishioners trying to beat the crowd to the parking lot.
- Relics: People who have been going to Mass for so long that they actually know when to sit, kneel, and stand.
- Ten Commandments: The most important Top Ten list not produced by David Letterman.
- Ushers: The only people in the parish who don’t know the seating capacity of a pew.