|PULLING OUT OF OUR PARK ONTO ABOUT A QUARTER INCH OF SNOW ON TOP OF ICE I QUICKLY POPPED LIBBY INTO 4X4 MODE|
|WHILE THE FRONT END OF THIS TRUCK PLOWS SNOW OFF THE ROAD THE REAR END OF THE TRUCK DISPENSES A MIXTURE OF SAND AND SALT|
|DEBRIS FLOATING DOWN THE SWOLLEN BAYFIELD RIVER|
|THE RIVER EAST OF THE HIGHWAY 21 BRIDGE IS OVER IT'S BANKS|
|A FEW MORE DRIVE-BY BAYFIELD HOMES|
|I LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE PAINT THEIR FRONT DOORS VIBRANT COLORS|
|I HOPE THERE ISN'T A WORKMAN FROZEN TO THE SEAT IN A HORIZONTAL POSITION INSIDE|
|A LEIZURELY MORNING WALK IN BAYFIED'S CEMETERY|
|I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE SPLASHES OF COLOR ON DARK DULL DAYS|
|HOLY SMOKES A PATCH OF BLUE SKY BUT IT DIDN'T LAST LONG|
|IF YOU LOOK REAL HARD YOU CAN SEE A FEW TOUCHES OF SUNLIGHT ON THE ROAD AHEAD|
|OVERNIGHT'S FREEZING RAIN LEFT ICE ON A FEW TREES|
|THERE ARE TWO WINDMILLS IN THIS PHOTO|
I had forgotten all about this but a call from my Nurse Practitioner's office last week reminded me it was time for a second CT Scan to see whether there has been any development in something my last CT Scan saw on one of my lungs. I can't even remember my last CT Scan but it might have been last summer and it might have been in Stratford. Bone scans, CT Scans, and Radiation Scans.....it's all kind of a blur to me. Occasionally someone asks me how I'm coping my prostate cancer and my answer is to simply say, 'so far it is a non issue. Had medical tests not shown I have prostrate cancer I wouldn't even know about it. No pain or soreness or anything and if the truth be known I very rarely ever think about it. Of course that may all change next month when I return to London's cancer clinic for a check-up and PSA test. Tomorrow I am off to the Goderich hospital for a CT Scan of my lungs.
::Al's Musical Favs:: Tainted Jazz by Poncho Warwick. A jazzy little up tempo number that caught my attention because of it's solid beat, piano, and female voice. I enjoy a soft sultry female voice style as opposed to so many of the newer generic teeny bop baby talk singers. Two of my favorite female singers are Sade pronounced Sha-day and KD Lang.
GROANER'S CORNER:(( A minister, after the Sunday morning service, walked alongside a brook and noticed a young boy fishing. After seeing him catch a number of fish he approached the boy and said, "My boy, don't you know it is not right to be fishing on Sunday? Besides, it is very cruel to insert that sharp hook into that poor beetle." The boy replied, "Oh, say sir, this ain't a beetle. It's an imitation." "Oh I thought it was a real bug." Lifting up a nice string of fish, the boy replies, "So did these suckers!"
- Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?
- If you have your finger touching the rearview mirror that says -- "objects in mirror are closer than they appear", how can that be possible?
- Why is it so hard to remember how to spell MNEMONIC?
- If someone invented instant water, what would they mix it with?
- Why is it called a TV "set" when you only get one?
- Why does your nose run and your feet smell?
- Why does an alarm clock "go off" when it begins ringing?
- If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
- Why does "cleave" mean both split apart and stick together?
- Why is it, whether you sit up or sit down, the result is the same?