|A GARDEN OF YOUNG SAGUAROS|
|A SETTING MOON AT THE BORREGO SPRINGS LEGION|
|MORNING WALK IN THE DIRECTION OF BORREGO|
|HAVEN'T STOPPED TO SHUFFLE OUR FEET AT CHRISTMAS CIRCLE YET BUT WE WILL|
|WE HAVE NEVER SEEN THE DESERT AND MOUNTAINSIDES SO GREEN|
|PHEEBS SPOTS A PAL|
|YEP IT'S BORREGO SPRINGS ALRIGHT|
When we left Borrego Springs last winter we had noticed workers beginning construction on some kind of building near the Library but we didn't know at the time that it was the new Library going up so we went to have us a look. Well, it certainly is an impressive and well thought out modern library. Kelly checked to see if our Borrego Springs Library card was still active and it was. Took a bunch of photos so I will let them show you around the town's brand spanking new library. Borrego Springs New Library
|BORREGO SPRINGS NEW LIBRARY|
|REALLY NICE COMPUTER ROOM|
|LATER TONIGHT I SAT WHERE THE PERSON ON THE LEFT IS SITTING TO FINISH MY POST|
|NICE MOUNTAIN VIEW OUTSIDE|
|COMMUNITY ROOM FOR SPECIAL EVENTS|
|OUTSIDE RAISED PATIO|
|OLD LIBRARY IS STRAIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD|
|PARTS OF THE OUTSIDE FACADE ARE RUSTED METAL WHICH WILL TAKE ON THE APPEARANCE OF THE SURROUNDING DESERT AND OF COURSE THE LIBRARY IS TOTALLY WHEEL CHAIR ACCESSIBLE|
|THE SQUARE WINDOWS LOOK INTO THE COMMUNITY ROOM|
|AND BORREGO SPRINGS EVEN GOT ITSELF A BRAND NEW POLICE STATION RIGHT NEXT TO THE NEW LIBRARY|
|THE ROCK HOUSE ROAD AREA|
|THIS IS THE OVEN SITE WE SOMETIMES CAMPED AT|
|LOOKING TOWARDS THE CLARK DRY LAKE BED|
|HEADING BACK OUT ROCK HOUSE ROAD|
|WE CAME UPON THIS COMMERCIAL CACTUS GARDEN|
|AND THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE REASONS WE LOVE BORREGO SPRINGS SO MUCH|
|RAIN CLOUDS CLOSING IN ON US|
Yes we are at the Borrego Springs Legion again this year and we were lucky enough to snag the same spot we had last year. We were pretty happy about that but unfortunately a number of fellow RV'ers rolled in and we were soon crowded. But it is what it is and we knew that could (and did) happen.
|CAN YOU IMAGINE THE BAYFIELD BUNCH CAMPED IN CRAMPED CONDITIONS LIKE THIS...….NO, WE CAN'T EITHER|
|RIG'S REAR END IS RIGHT AGAINS THOSE TREES AND FOR ME TO GET OUT OF HERE I WILL HAVE TO DO SOME BACK AND FORTH WIGGLING|
With our tanks getting full we knew we would be dumping sometime in the next few days and with the Legion having a dump station here we had planned to only stay a few days in this spot anyway. If the group of older guys right in front of us get too noisy we will have no choice but to pack up and get out of Dodge and head for one of our quiet desert spots.....if we can find one empty.
Our Verizon signal is weak and having to use the miserable Blogger format where I have to go on line to retrieve and download my own photos it takes forever to put my daily post together. Tonight I drove into Borrego Springs and went to the new library to do all the photo stuff. Much quicker but still a huge PITA compared to the way Open Live Writer did things...…………….
|AT THE NEW LIBRARY WORKING AWAY AT DOWNLOADING PHOTOS|
|WHEN I LEFT THE LIBRARY TONIGHT IT WAS DARK AND IT WAS RAINING|
- ValueJet: When you just can't wait for the world to come to you.
- ValueJet: We're Amtrak with wings.
- Join our frequent near-miss program.
- On our flights, every section is a smoking section.
- Ask about our out-of-court settlements.
- Our staff has had lots of experience consoling next-of-kin.
- Are our jet engines too noisy? Don't worry. We'll turn them off.
- Complimentary champagne during free-fall.
- Enjoy the in-flight movie in the plane next to you.
- The kids will love our inflatable slides.
- If you think it's so easy, get your own plane!
- Which will fall faster, our stock price or our planes?
- All our pilots are all terminally ill and have nothing to lose.
- ValueJet: We may be landing on your street.
- ValueJet: Terrorists are afraid to fly with us.
- Bring a bathing suit.
Some airlines are content to fly thousands of feet over landmarks. We try to get as close as possible for the best view.
- That guy who crashed into the White House was one of our best pilots.
- Fly ValueJet. Find out there really is a God.
- ValueJet: A real man lands where he wants to.
Man: Just look at that young person with the short hair and blue jeans. Is it a boy or a girl? Bystander: It's a girl. She's my daughter. Man: Oh, please forgive me, sir. I had no idea you were her father. Bystander: I'm not. I'm her mother.==============================