|SOME MORNINGS ARE COOLER FOR WALKING THAN OTHERS|
Another thing we like here is the absence of ATV’s, dirt bikes, and the kids who have a tendency to tear up the desert with those things. Borrego Springs and Ocotillo Wells come to mind. Boondockers by nature tend to be responsible folks, quieter in general and are for the most part respectful of others space. Of course there are the exceptions. We are actually surprised at how few dockers there are here at Gunsight right now and I’m guessing Quartzsite has temporarily pulled a lot of them over there. Soon as they have had their fill of the all the hoop-la they will soon be high-tailing it back out to the sanctity of the healing desert to recover.
|THINK THIS MIGHT BE A DESERT LILY|
|NOTICE HOW DESERT WINDS HAVE MOVED THESE GRASSES TO CREATE PATTERNS IN THE SAND|
|IT CAN BE A HARSH ENVIORNMENT FOR ANIMALS AND PLANTS ALIKE AND HERE A SAGUARO CACTUS HAS SUCCUMBED TO THE ELEMENTS|
|WE GENERALLY DRESS WARM FIRST THING IN THE MORNING AND THEN SHIFT INTO COOLER CLOTHES BY MID MORNING|
Although the air is a touch cool the big Arizona Sun is hot, hot, hot. Stretched out in one of our gravity chairs and five minutes later I thought somebody had set me on fire. Well it wasn’t somebody it was Old Sol himself and with my shirt nearly on fire I had to quickly retreat back under our awning. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining. This weather is just the best of the best of the best and I think we got up to nearly70F today. And remember, no miserable humidity so I am totally comfortable. No sticky skin stuff.
|NOTICED THIS LITTLE WHITE CROSS AT A BOONDOCKING SITE NEAR US|
|MOST LIKELY A FELLOW RVING BOONDOCKER HAS HAD TO BURY A CHERISHED PET HERE|
|BY WALKING QUIETLY WE ARE SOMETIMES ABLE TO COME UPON SOME OF THE DESERT CREATURES AND HERE WE HAVE WALKED UP BEHIND A DESERT SNUFFLEUPAGUS WITHOUT IT DETECTING US|
|SNUFFLEUPAGUS'S ARE SOMETIMES HARD OF HEARING SO I WAS ABLE TO SLIP AROUND TO THE SIDE OF THIS ONE AND TAKE ANOTHER PHOTO BEFORE SLIPPING AWAY AND BLENDING BACK INTO THE DESERT|
|PICKING UP SOME DESERT PIN STRIPING HERE|
|STOPPED FOR A LEG STRETCH AND SHORT WALK|
|IT WAS AT THIS POINT WE TURNED AROUND|
|WITH AFTERNOON TEMPERATURES RISING PHEEBS STETCHES OUT FOR A SNOOZE THEN DECIDES TO DIG A HOLE TO REACH COOLER SAND|
|'AHHHHH' THAT'S BETTER|
1.I started with nothing. I still have most of it.
2. When did my wild oats turn to prunes and all bran?
3. I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.
5. All reports are in. Life is now officially unfair.
6. If all is not lost, where is it?
7. It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
8. If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
9. The first rule of holes: if you are in one, stop digging.
10. I tried to get a life once, but they told me they were out of stock.
11. I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway though.
12. It was so different before everything changed.
13. Some day's you're the dog, and some day's you're the hydrant.
14. Nostalgia isn't what it use to be.
15. Old programmers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.