Friday, September 15, 2017
DRIVING BY THE SITE OF THE 2017 INTERNATIONAL PLOWING MATCH IT WASN’T PHEEBS IN THE PASSENGER SEAT THIS MORNING
Richard survived his Doctor appointment Thursday so this morning we were back on track for our country road coffee tour. My turn to drive so we headed northeast of Clinton in the direction of Walton Ontario where the 100th INTERNATIONAL PLOWING MATCH will almost be in full swing a week from now. Most of tonight's photos are from a drive-by we did of the Plowing Match site this morning. Some may wonder if this is an event I would be interested in attending and my quick answer to that question is ‘NO’. Waaaaaaay too many people here for me!!
THE PLOWING MATCH EVEN HAS A SEPARATE SECTION FOR RV’S
EARLY RV’ERS WHOM I SUSPECT ARE VOLUNTEERS HERE A WEEK EARLY TO HELP SET THINGS UP
NOT SURE BUT WE THINK THIS WILL BE THE MAIN ENTRANCE
NO IDEA WHAT THAT LARGE STRAW BALE STRUCTURE IS ALL ABOUT
WHERE LARGE VOLUMES OF PEOPLE ARE GATHERED SO ALSO COME THE OUTHOUSES
FREE TRANSPORTATION AROUND THE GROUNDS
Another fine September morning for two old retired guys with a lot of time on their hands to be out and about. Spotted a few more barn quilts on our travels. In case you missed the Huron County Barn Quilt Trail site here is the link again. HURON COUNTIES BARN QUILT TRAIL
SPOTTED A FEW MORE BARN QUILTS THIS MORNING
HAD A HARD TIME GETTING A CLEAR SHOT OF THIS BARN QUILT DUE TO A HIGH CORN FIELD AND TREES
NOT A BARN QUILT BUT IT’S A BARN SIGN I LIKED
Looks like Pheebs and I will be on our own next week. Kelly leaves in the morning for Spencerport New York to visit and spend some time with her Mother. She generally takes a week or so in late September or early October each year to do that. Her brother Peter and wife Leslie are flying out to Utah Wednesday to see Bryce and Zion Canyon for 10 days so Kelly being in Spencerport helps to fill in and help her 92 year old Mother with a few outings, etc.
FOOD TENTS, BEER TENTS, EQUIPMENT DEALER TENTS, ENTERTAINMENT TENTS, ETC, ETC.
SURROUNDING THE PLOWING MATCH TENT SITE ARE ACRES AND ACRES OF LAND WHERE TRACTOR DEMONSTRATIONS AND PLOWING COMPETITIONS WILL TAKE PLACE
GROUPLS OF WORKERS HERE AND THERE BUSILY SETTING THINGS UP….LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO BEFORE THE OFFICIAL OPENING DAY
ALTHOUGH LOOKING LIKE A STUCK TRACTOR THIS IS ACTUALLY A DISPLAY BEING CONSTRUCTED
THERE WILL BE LOTS OF VENDORS AND DEALERS HERE
Noticed last week at our Park’s landfill site all the ‘tree cutters’ equipment machinery was gone. I am hopeful the tree cutting here in our Park is over. With half our tunnel like Pine tree trail destroyed I’m crossing my fingers the tree cutting crew will not return and destroy the second half of the trail which is actually the nicest. They left quite a tangled mess behind so I’ve been busy each time Pheebs and I go for a walk moving broken branches off the trail while clipping and cutting others. At least the whole trail now is still walkable.
ALWAYS ENJOY THE MANY CREATIVE FLOWER BED LANDSCAPES POPPING UP MORE AND MORE ON RURAL FARMS
OBVIOUSLY NOT A WELL USED DOOR IN THE SIDE OF THIS WALTON CHURCH
NOW THAT IS ONE FINE LOOKING NEWLY BUILT BREWERY IN BLYTH ONTARIO
It was a good feeling to load a few things into the Motorhome this afternoon. Next week with co-operation from my wrist I'm hoping to begin an exterior clean-up on the rig. Windows need to be cleaned, the roof probably needs a scrubbing and black streaks under the windows have to be removed again. Every time it rains we end up with black streaks from rubber window moldings. What a PITA that always is!! I wonder if later model RV's have that problem solved with newer non streak moldings.
GROANER'S CORNER:(( A Few Logical Questions Today::
1. Does a clean house indicate that there is a broken computer in it?
2. Why is it that no matter what color of bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?
3. Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?'
4. Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?
5. On electric toasters, why do they engrave the message “one slice?” How many pieces of bread do they think people are really gonna try to stuff in that slot?
6. Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
7. Why is it that no plastic garbage bag will open from the end you first try?
8. How do those dead bugs get into those closed light fixtures?
9. Considering all the lint you get in your dryer, if you kept drying your clothes would they eventually just disappear?
10. When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, “It's all right?” Well, it isn't all right so why don't we say, “That hurt, you stupid idiot?”
11. Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?
12. Is it true that the only difference between a yard sale and a trash pickup is how close to the road the stuff is placed?
13. In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?
14. How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?
15. If at first you don't succeed, shouldn't you try doing it like your wife told you to do it? And obviously if at first you don't succeed, then don't take up sky diving!
16. The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.
Ozzie you later!