I had two destinations this cool and bright sunny October morning. The Clinton Hospital and Goderich's Maitland Valley Medical Center. First off to Clinton for a 9 a.m. appointment with my Urologist regarding the results of my latest PSA test. Numbers have stabilized and I'm good to go. Next appointment was with my new Nurse Practitioner in Goderich at 11 a.m. but had some time to kill between appointments so Pheebs and I slowly wandered our way along a few scenic country roads from Clinton to Goderich. Grabbed ourselves a Tuna Sub in Goderich before rolling into the medical center. Everything checked out fine with my Nurse Practitioner at the Maitland Valley Medical Center and she said my test results were all A-OK. Can't argue with that and with those two medical appointments out of the way we are set to roll out a week from today.
While in Goderich today I slipped around to where I saw that older blue car I had in Monday’s post in hopes of getting some front and rear end photos but alas the car was no longer there.
Think I have finally moved the last two front yard pond Frogs to the big Park pond across the road. While catching the frogs I noticed about half a dozen or more small one inch fish in our pond and I am still completely baffled as to where those minnow like fish came from and how they possibly could have got into our small front yard pond in the first place. Another one of life’s little unexplained mysteries for me. Almost seems the more further I myself goes the more behinder I myself gets. Well at least in the grand mysteries of life department that is. Well Okay, a few other departments too…………….
I always find pre-travel days difficult. Well make that almost ‘pre’ anything these days. I have never really done well at waiting for stuff to happen and with patience levels eroding these past number of years I am finding myself increasingly edgy when it comes to a lot of things and just want to get out there and get whatever it is that needs doing or going………..done and gone. I know a week from today I will be feeling much better than today, tomorrow, and the past bunch of days and that is simply because the waiting will be over and the doing is ‘finally’ under way. I know from 10 years of Snow Birding that finally getting on the road for another winter season is the only cure for my nagging impatience and wanderlust. In my mind’s eye I see and feel the beauty of the great American Southwest beckoning to me once again . The deserts and the mountains await with their dark starry skies, sunsets and sunrises every day. New and old memories await as our lifestyle literally changes overnight from the very day we leave our house in Bayfield. Oh how I so much look forward to that change every year. Just as I so much look forward to our change in the Spring when we once again return to Bayfield. It’s why I love this Snow Bird lifestyle so much. Every six months there is a complete upheaval of change as we transition from one lifestyle to another. Now I must admit the changes seem to be getting a little harder each year with so much packing and organizing to do but still in the long run it is all so very worth it and with the first sighting of longed for distant mountains far ahead on the hazy horizon I will be again instantly filled with the comforting feeling that I have once more made it back for yet another year to my very own favorite home away from home……………….:))
GROANER'S CORNER:(( Computer Technology for Country Folk...
1. LOG ON: Makin a wood stove hotter.
2. LOG OFF: Don't add no more wood.
3. MONITOR: Keepin an eye on the wood stove.
4. DOWNLOAD: Gettin the farwood off the truk.
5. MEGA HERTZ: When yer not kerful gettin the farwood.
6. FLOPPY DISC: Whatcha git from tryin to carry too much farwood.
7. RAM: That thar thing whut splits the farwood.
8. HARD DRIVE: Gettin home in the winter time.
9. PROMPT: Whut the mail ain't in the winter time.
10. WINDOWS: Whut to shut wen it's cold outside.
11. SCREEN: Whut to shut wen it's blak fly season.
12. BYTE: Whut them dang flys do.
13. CHIP: Munchies fer the TV.
14. MICRO CHIP: Whut's in the bottom of the munchie bag.
15. MODEM: Whut cha did to the hay fields.
16. DOT MATRIX: Old Dan Matrix's wife.
17. LAP TOP: Whar the kitty sleeps.
18. KEYBOARD: Whar ya hang the dang keys.
19. SOFTWARE: Them dang plastic forks and knifs.
20. MOUSE: Whut eats the grain in the barn.
21. MAINFRAME: Holds up the barn roof.
22. PORT: Fancy Flatlander wine
23. ENTER: Northerner talk fer "C'mon in y'all"
24. RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY: Wen ya cain't 'member whut ya paid fer the rifle when yore wife asks.
25. MOUSE PAD: That hippie talk fer the rat hole.