Had my fingers crossed it wasn’t going to be a rainy morning and it wasn’t. However it was under some mighty stormy looking clouds that Kelly, Pheebs and I motored ourselves north up to Goderich in the Big EEE. A quick stop at Rona Hardware, topped up both our fuel and propane tanks then hit A&W with a couple breakfast coupons. Sky’s began clearing and it was a nice sunny drive back to Bayfield. Everything checked out fine in the Motorhome so she is ready to roll Tuesday.
HEADING NORTH UP HIGHWAY 21 TOWARDS GODERICH
HAD A SQUEAKY SIDE DOOR ALONG THE WAY SO OUR CHIEF MECHANICAL ‘MISS FIX-IT’ ENGINEER SLIPPED BACK TO CHECK IT OUT
A busy day again around the rig and property doing things that Snow Birds normally do before heading south for the winter. A particularly busy and sometimes frustrating time for Kelly waiting and waiting on the phone to put our Bell telephone and Eastlink cable on hold for the winter. Also more phone waiting time while activating our Shaw satellite dish plus Verizon internet and T-Mobile cell phone. Always long wait times and built in confusements with all these companies. Just seems to be the way it is and Kelly is always so pleasantly patient with those people. If it was up to me to do all that stuff I’m afraid we would probably end up sitting at home all winter.
PHEEBS AND I HOLD DOWN THE FORT WHILE KELLY SLIPS INTO THE RONA HARDWARE STORE
WAITING PATIENTLY FOR MOM TO COME BACK
We have pretty much decided to get ourselves a tire monitoring system for the Motorhome and Jeep so it’s just a question now of where and when we can do that. With 2 close call tire ‘blow-outs’ behind us in the last 3 years I am understandably nervous about tires now and that is ‘one’ of the reasons we put all new heavy duty tires on the Jeep a few weeks ago. We are currently leaning towards the ‘Tire-Minder’ system.
A week from tonight will be our last night in Spencerport New York and we will pull out early the next morning heading for Florida. Our first days on the road going anywhere are usually long ones & I look forward to that. After a 6 month stay in one place I am always very happy to be out on the open road going somewhere and doing something totally different for a change. I have always been a driver of long distances and even at age 72 that enjoyment has never left me. It’s just as strong as ever. We will end our first day or two somewhere we have probably never been before and we likely won't know where that place is until we actually pull over wherever and shut it down for the night. I love that open ended style of travel & freedom of spontaneous thought.
HEADING HOME THIS MORNING THROUGH OUR GORGEOUS AUTUMN COUNTRYSIDE
I’m still kicking around a couple routes between Spencerport NY and Sarasota Florida. Some people suggested I-95 down the Eastern Seaboard but after checking my map and seeing that it headed past places like New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington DC etc. I quickly determined I was not interested in having anything to do with all that big mega city stuff. ‘Might’ use 95 for a short stretch north of Jacksonville Fla but that would be just about it. It is Atlanta Georgia I really want to have no part of so I figure we will keep well East of there. Well that’s what I figure anyway………………….
GROANER’S CORNER:(( Top 10 Reasons God Created Eve::
10. God worried that Adam would always be lost in the garden because men hate to ask for directions.
9. God knew that Adam would one day need someone to hand him the TV remote.
8. God knew that Adam would never buy a new fig leaf when his seat wore out and would therefore need Eve to get one for him.
7. God knew that Adam would never make a doctor's appointment for himself.
6. God knew that Adam would never remember which night was garbage night. 5. God knew that if the world was to be populated, men would never be able to handle childbearing.
4. As "Keeper of the Garden," Adam would never remember where he put his tools.
3. The scripture account of creation indicates Adam needed someone to blame his troubles on when God caught him hiding in the garden.
2. As the Bible says, "It is not good for man to be alone!"
1. When God finished the creation of Adam, He stepped back, scratched His head and said, "I can do better than that."
A Few Good Thoughts For Today::
- Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
- There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
- People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
- And when God, who created the entire universe with all of its glories, decides to deliver a message to humanity, He WILL NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.
- When trouble arises & things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution & is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy.
- The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.