SPENCER IS SOMETIMES A LITTLE SHY
Our day dawned crisp & clear with a fiery sunrise & we were soon under a good old sunny Arizona sky. This is the South-west kind of weather we like so much & travel so far to be a part of. When I had taken Pheebs out late Wednesday night I was encouraged by a clear star studded sky so slept all night with my fingers crossed those clear skies would remain. They did:))
HAPPY TO SEE MOST OF OUR CACTUS PLANTS DOING WELL
Our Critter cam did not pick up any activity around that hole burrowed under the front of our house. Didn’t notice any paw prints in the moist soft earth leading out of the hole either. Kelly said she got the whiff of a Skunk Wednesday morning but I have not smelled a thing.
LES OUR GARDINER GUY DID A GREAT JOB KEEPING THE WEEDS DOWN OVER THE SUMMER
Kelly busied herself with a lot of indoor cleaning today while I tackled the outside. Shed clean-up is finished with everything all put back together again neat & tidy. Also managed to get a lot of tree trimming done as well. It’s amazing how fast those Palo Verde & Mesquite trees sprout new branches & just grow willy-nilly all over the place. Of course the Jeep was a big mess from being towed behind the Motorhome so I managed to get that washed as well. I’m in no hurry to tackle the big clean-up job on the rig yet & will give the Arizona Sun enough time to totally re-charge my depleted traveling batteries before even thinking about washing the Motorhome.
YOU CAN SEE ALL THE PALO VERDE TREE BRANCHES I HAVE HAD TO TRIM JUST TO MAKE THIS AREA PASSABLE
JEEP’S LOOKING SHINY AGAIN
HAD I NOT TRIMMED THESE BRANCHES WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PUT OUR LIVING ROOM SLIDE OUT
Although our air is still cool today’s Sun did give me the warm feeling that ‘yes’ we were really back in good old Arizona. The F-16 fighter jocks are over our house dogfighting each day, neighborhood dogs are barking, chickens & roosters are clucking & crowing right on cue & how nice to see & hear the Gambles Quails in our backyard again. And oh how I love the sounds of those Curved Bill Thrashers & Cactus Wrens. Yes indeed it sure is nice to be back again. In the morning we are off to Wickenburg for a few groceries & as soon as my legs recuperate from last week’s long journey I’ll be out for a long awaited & much anticipated desert walk…………………….
SO NICE TO SEE THIS VIEW RIGHT OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM WINDOW AGAIN
GROANER’S CORNER:(( A Few One-Liners tonight:
- "Jim, why is that sheep purple?" "Because I herded it through the grapevine!"
- What do you call a knight who is afraid to fight? Sir Render!
- An Auto Club tow truck stopped beside me at a street light today and the driver was sobbing uncontrollably. I thought to myself, "that guy's headed for a breakdown!"
- I used to have a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
- What did the grape say when it got stepped on? Nothing - but it did let out a little whine.
- My dad worked repairing roads for the city for twenty years before he got fired for stealing! At first I didn't believe it...but when I got home all the signs were there!
- I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
- When chemists die, do they barium?