PHEEBS & RASCAL WERE SO HAPPY TO SEE EACH OTHER THIS MORNING THEY JUST HAD TO STOP & HAVE THEMSELVES A BIG HUG
I’ve slowly come to learn over the years pea stone gravel & pine needles to not make a good mix. Needles get into the stones & do not rake out easily. This just leaves things looking messy all the time & especially in the Spring. In the process now of shovelling up & moving much of that pea stone from our back yard & coming up with some new ideas. Spring is always a good time to make changes to one’s landscaping. Energy levels are up in the cooler weather & just the very nature of Spring lends itself to new ideas & change.
GOING TO PLANT SOME NICE GREEN GRASS IN THAT AREA
A few readers have sent in some clever ideas regarding a name for our soon to arrive 2003 Class A Triple E Commander. We'll keep those names in mind & see how they fit once we bring the rig home & spend some time in & around it. I might just refer to it as the ‘Big E’ for now until we get it home & see what name fits it best. Thought ‘Tripoli’ was pretty clever by a Guest in our Shout Box.
The gray overcast & windy cold day just didn’t have me interested in any outdoor activities at all. My physical exertions mainly revolved around the television remote. With all the schlock on TV nowadays it is always quite often a work-out surfing through the channels over & over looking for something even remotely resembling a whiff of human intelligence.
I have an audio tape player, amp & speakers in our carport. This morning while puttering around I had an Andy Williams tape playing & of course that took me back to a much different & pleasanter television age than we have now. I remember when Andy Williams had his own TV show along with Perry Como & others. I remember when situation comedies were simpler, easier to understand, & funnier. Variety shows were popular then & somehow life didn’t seem quite as complicated. Not the graphic violence one sees today. There was more real music to be seen & heard in those days as well. Not the fabricated & over produced lip synced & dubbed ‘You Tube’ stuff we have today. And thank heavens we did not have to grow up with all these hopelessly brain dead reality shows which have all but taken over the television airways. I think we Seniors have been very fortunate to have grown up in the age of television we did. I think it has treated us well leaving behind memories of an age we can look back on & feel proud about. An age which will never pass this way again…………………….
WHAT’CHA BLOGGING ABOUT TODAY DAD??
Rains began around mid afternoon & somewhere in there I lost about an hour to the zzzzzzzz factor. But it was a nice hour spent in my recliner crumpled up under a warm green blanket with a doggy contentedly stretched out sound asleep on my lap. Dare I use the word ‘snuggles’ here:))
GROANER’S CORNER:(( YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN ARIZONA WHEN:
- You've signed so many petitions to recall governors that you can't
remember the name of the incumbent.
- You notice your car overheating before you drive it.
- You can say Hohokam and people don't think you're laughing funny.
- You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.
- You see more irrigation water on the street than there is in the
- You know a swamp cooler is not a happy hour drink.
- You can say 115 degrees without fainting.
- You can be in the snow, then drive for an hour and it will be over
- You have to go to a fake beach for some fake waves.
- You discover, in July, that it only takes two fingers to drive your
- You can make sun tea instantly.
- You run your air conditioner in the middle of winter so you can use
- You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of
- You realize that Valley Fever isn't a disco dance.
- Hotter water comes from the cold water tap than the hot one.
- You can pronounce the words: "Saguaro", "Tempe", "Gila Bend", "San
Xavier", "Canyon de Chelly", "Mogollon Rim", "Cholla", and
- It's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person
is moving on the streets.
- You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
- Sunscreen is sold year round, kept at the front of the checkout
counter, a formula less than 50 spf is a joke, and you wear it just
to go to Circle K.
- Some fool can market mini-misters for joggers and some other fools
will actually buy them.
- Hot air balloons can't go up, because the air outside is hotter
than the air inside.
- No one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car.
- You can understand the reason for a town named "Why."