About 5 this afternoon there was a thump at our dining room window & Kelly hollered, “come look at this large bird”. I recognized it as a hawk right away & I am guessing a young Cooper’s Hawk. Figure it was probably pursuing another bird when it zigged instead of zagged. It didn't appear injured only stunned. We have bird’s fly into our sunroom windows in Bayfield from time to time & I have learned to just leave them be. They generally regain their bearings after a few minutes, pick themselves up, dust themselves off, & fly away. Quickly grabbed my camera & took a few photos through our dining room window. Could have stepped out on the porch for a better photo but I did not want to stress the bird more than it already was. We just watched it sitting there looking around trying to get it’s bearings. Took about 7 or 8 minutes for it to orient itself & with a quick flurry of wings it was gone. By the way that is the brand new Ikea chair I just assembled that this fellow is sitting on.
Woke up to colder temps than the folks back home in Bayfield Ontario. We were at 29F & they were 32F. I could feel the colder morning soon as I got up & knew we had us clear skies overhead. Kind of a good & bad thing about clear winter skies here. They bring us warmer days but also colder nights. However, with a stiff 15 mph North wind this morning we kept our activities inside. We even forewent our walk. Just too uncomfortably cold as our temps remained in the windy low 40’s. Had planned on bringing a few loads of dirt home today, but……….
IF IT WASN’T FOR A DOG SITTING ON MY LAP A LOT TODAY & A HAWK FLYING INTO OUR WINDOW I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD ANY CURRENT PICS FOR TONIGHT’S POST
More than a few RV’ers were/are unfortunately caught up in the bad winter storms crossing the country at the moment. George & Suzie now out of it in Deming New Mexico sure had their troubles getting themselves across Texas a few days ago. Here is just one of those days…FROZEN WATER PUMP
Wind did die down later in the morning & I was able to get a few things done outside. Kelly, who has been having a little trouble with the cold seized the opportunity to head off to Wickenburg in the warm toasty Jeep for a couple hours. Pheebs & I watched a couple ‘Corner Gas’ shows this afternoon. She has been a big help in keeping me warm these days. No sooner do I sit down in my recliner & she is on my lap all snuggled up keeping me warm.
GROANER’S CORNER:(( A dog’s property rules:
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If its in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
6. If its mine, it must never appear to be yours.
7. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If its broken, it's yours.
- Tourists see the world, travelers experience it.
- Home is where your pet is:))
- "If having a soul means being able to feel
love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals
are better off than a lot of humans."
- The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails -William Arthur Ward
- The only thing better than right now will someday be the memories of right now...AL.
- It is not so much having nothing to do as it is not having the interest to do something....AL.