Turned out to be a busy morning for us. Finished up putting a few southwest decorations in the rig & then drove it over to the CONGRESS DEPOT MARKETPLACE on highway 89 to set it up with a ‘FOR SALE’ sign in the window. Climbed up on the roof & put the solar panels up. Slides out but not the awning. Winds are too unpredictable here in the southwest to leave a rig unattended with it’s awning extended. Felt kinda sad as we drove away leaving it there by itself.
Sure looks bare at the south end of the house without the Motorhome sitting there now. I’m kind of a sentimental character & I do get attached to things. We have had so many pleasantly great memories in that rig over the years. And, a few sad one’s as well. The Bayfield Bunch is that Motorhome, & that Motorhome for 5 & 6 months out of every winter has been a part of the Bayfield Bunch travels for 6 years. I’m always sad to see old friends go………but wait a minute, we haven’t sold it yet. I sure do have a habit of getting ahead of myself sometimes…………...
Aunt Jean arrives this Friday evening from Sarasota Florida & we are seriously hoping for some warmer sun drenched weather for her. It will be easier traveling around in the Jeep this year for Kelly now that Bev & Jim in Wickenburg have lent us their Jeep’s rear seat.
Not being sports minded people at all here, we didn’t have any interest in the Super Bowl game. We do usually check in on the half time show though. I lasted about a minute & that was enough of all that noise!! The only talent I saw was in the special effects with all the laser lighting & pyrotechnics. I really think they should raise the bar & use that prime piece of time to put together some seriously talented, gifted, & quality musicians for that half time show each year. Enough of that inaudible hollering & bouncing around fluff so many of those generic performers do nowadays. Come on folks, how’s about rounding up some seriously qualified musical talent for next year!!
While wheel barrowing some crushed stone around this afternoon I was reminded of something my Grandfather used to say. I was just a wee little feller & we lived in a small southern Ontario village. There was a forest less than a mile from our house we called ‘Kaufman’s Bush’. Each year in around this February time we would sometimes here the first cawing of Crows. Grandpa always said that when the Crows cawed up in Kaufman’s Bush, it always meant Spring was just around the corner. It was the raucous cawing of Crows I heard overhead this afternoon that reminded me of my Grandfather. Of course here in the southwest these noisy flying fellows are called Ravens. A slightly larger version of the Crow, but the same rasping sound. I wonder if my Grandfather ever knew that…..
FOR SALE AT THE CONGRESS DEPOT MARKETPLACE ON HIGHWAY 89 JUST SOUTH OF CONGRESS, ARIZONA
It is not unusual for me anymore to fall far behind in my blog reading. I just have not kept up with everyone like I used to just a few short years ago. Doing some reading this afternoon I caught up with a fellow Blogger who has been on my side bar a long time. Reading his latest post I saw something was wrong so backtracked a few posts until I saw Sam’s post from last Wednesday. Sam’s wife Donna, is facing very serious heart surgery this coming Friday. Reading Sam’s post I sensed the urgency, the fear, & Sam’s deep love for his wife Donna. This is a difficult week over at, SAM & DONNA - 5TH WHEEL VAGABONDS.
AHHHH, NOT JUST A FACE A MOTHER COULD LOVE, BUT A SLEEPY LITTLE FACE EVERYBODY COULD LOVE:))
33' 2003 DAMON CHALLENGER
- Chevy V-8 - 8.0 Vortec engine on a Workhorse Chassis
- 51,000 trouble free highway miles
- 2 slides, 5500 Onan generator with 125 hours
- Back up camera & hydraulic coach levelers
- 2 Kyocera 130 watt solar panels, 2500 Trace inverter & 4 in-line 6 volt batteries
- Plumbed for a fuel efficient indoor propane heater
- About 12,000 miles on all new tires
- New toilet in December 2011
- Two new tailpipes in August 2012
- New coach battery in July 2011
- No roof leaks & roofed re-caulked in October 2011
- Small built in computer desk
- New upgraded flat screen Toshiba TV with DVD player
- New Fantastic Air vent fan in 2010
- New upgraded awning in 2008
- Windshield sun screens
- Sirius Satellite Radio antenna on roof
- Fridge & brake recalls up to date & about 10,000 miles on the last oil change...new spark plugs in 2009.
- All onboard systems work, including the A/C & furnace
This Motorhome is set up for boondocking, is in good condition, & has many traveling miles left on it. Email us at................ email@example.com
GROANER’S CORNER:(( Dog looks at human and thinks: "My hero, my friend, my buddy." Cat looks at human and thinks:
- Tourists see the world, travelers experience it.
- Home is where your pet is:))
- "If having a soul means being able to feel
love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals
are better off than a lot of humans."
- The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails -William Arthur Ward
- The only thing better than right now will someday be the memories of right now...AL.
- It is not so much having nothing to do as it is not having the interest to do something....AL.