TONIGHT'S PHOTOS ARE FROM AROUND OUR LITTLE JUNGLE HIDEAWAY
It was exactly one year ago today we bought our 2006 JEEP WRANGLER TJ SPORT. That gives us 365 continuous days of being happy Jeep owners. No regrets, no second thoughts. I just love that bumpity little puddle jumper to bits.
Can’t even begin to tell you how mad I was (& still am) when our neighbors cat caught & killed a small Chipmunk under our sun room window this morning. The Chipmunk had been eating some birdseed on the ground under a feeder. Later in the morning the cat was back & killed a frog. That explained another mystery. I hadn’t seen any frogs in our pond for a couple weeks & the pond has been silent. I first blogged about this problem in Thursday’s blog & in less than 24 hours we saw the cat kill two more of our front yard critters!! First, let me make it perfectly clear about something. Kelly & I like cats & we both had house cats when we met each other. On the old farm we went to great lengths to help all the stray barn cats by feeding & providing shelter for them. Our dog Max grew up with cat’s as his best Pals. No, my anger lies with whoever owns these cats in the first place.
BEFORE TAKING THIS FEEDER DOWN YOU CAN SEE HOW THE CAT COULD EASILY AMBUSH THE BIRDS ON THE GROUND FROM THE COVER OF THOSE BIG LEAF HOSTA PLANTS.....THE FROGS WERE EASY PREY SITTING AROUND THE POND OFF TO THE UPPER LEFT
Too bad we are not allowed fences here or we would have a 10 foot fence up around our whole place soooooo fast. My only recourse this morning was to reluctantly & with much anger, take down our main hanging bird feeder. I left the bird station up because it is high & the seeds do not fall off it to the ground easily.
A HOMEY LITTLE VINE COVERED COTTAGE PERHAPS.....NOPE, JUST MY 12X12 WORKSHOP OUT BACK
On a happier note, I suggest all you dog lovers out there hop on over to Sue & Doug’s BIG DAWG & FREEWAY & have a look at how Tucker gets to spend a fun filled day with a bunch of Pals once a week. What a great idea this is:))
IN WINTER MONTHS WE LIVE IN A DESERT LIKE SETTING IN THE SOUTHWEST & IN THE SUMMER WE LIVE HERE IN OUR VERY OWN LITTLE JUNGLE
And to borrow a few words from DOUG & JOANNE'S blog this morning....’Follow your dream today. Not next year.’ And, I've thrown in a longer Groaner's Corner to make up for tonight's shorter & somewhat angry post. Just had to vent a little of my anger into the Blogger Stratosphere......................
And, here are a few Adult Truths...
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey -- but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, out of a deep sleep, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.
24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
EMAIL THE BAYFIELD BUNCH:))
OUR PHOTO ALBUMS http://picasaweb.google.com/stargeezerguy/
The only thing better than right now will someday be the memories of right