'FOR SALE'....BUT, WHAT IS IT??
A dull overcast & 'nothing planned' sort of day. Humidity is building again & the air is still. Sunny warm days ahead as we plod steadily along on our way to Autumn.......& happy RV days again:))
THE 'FOR SALE' SIGNS ARE ON MANY BOATS HERE.....Left boat is top photo.
For any of you photo folks out there with a ka-million million photos scattered about on your overburdened hard drives you might want to check out RICK'S BLOG today & see how he has organized his files & photos. For some down to earth thoughts & feelings about many aspects of the RVing lifestyle be sure to drop by MARGIE'S BLOG & get yourself acquainted with her views of life on & off the road. LAURIE'S BLOG asks the question, "Do You Get Lonely?" Follow her RVing thoughts from their early full timing days up to the present & see how thought patterns have changed.
A WHOLE HERD OF BOATS FOR SALE
A big friendly wave goes out from the Bayfield Bunch to Dan & his friends traveling from Amarillo to Mackinaw City this coming Saturday. And to Al out there on his boat just off the Michigan shore line somewhere I say, check out the DEER PARK LODGE WEB CAM & give us a big 'Howdy' wave from way out across the lake. To Paul over there in that New Jersey place southeast of us I say thank you for your email this morning. Very much appreciated & am happy to hear Becky likes 'Groaner's Corner:))'. It's people like all you folks who give bloggers like myself the incentive to stay out here kicking the old can around. Thanks guys:))
DO YOU THINK NEW OWNERS WILL KEEP OLD NAMES
Long time blog follower Carol from New York State south of Lake Ontario asked about my thoughts on the Big Bend area of southern Texas a couple days ago. Kelly & I made a 'shotgun' trip down there back in 04 during the Christmas holidays in a Ford Class C Gulf Stream. On August 10th of last year I wrote about & included some photos of that trip & you can pick up our story about half way through the blog entitled, A LOOK BACK AT BIG BEND. Photos aren't the best because I had just got into digital photography with a.....1 megapixel camera back then. We have criss-crossed Texas several times through different terrains & so far Big Bend National Park & Big Bend Ranch State Park with their mountains, canyons & forest regions were the best areas of Texas we have seen. For us, RVing is all about scenery so we do prefer the mountainous U.S. States west of Texas.
SOME BOATS MAY TAKE A LONG TIME TO SELL
Didn't have much in the way of photos today so took a drive over to the harbor & managed to scrounge up a few dry docked sailboats nearby.
GROANER'S CORNER:(( Here are some of the perks we Seniors can look forward too....
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in us.
2. In a hostage situation we are likely to be released first.
3. No one expects us to run--anywhere.
4. People call at 9 pm and ask, did I wake you?
5. People no longer view us as a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things we buy now won't wear out.
8. We can eat supper at 4 pm.
9. We can live without sex but not our glasses.
10. We get into heated arguments about pension plans.
11. We no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
12. We quit trying to hold our stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
13. We sing along with elevator music.
14. Our eyes won't get much worse.
15 Our investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
16. Our joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
17. Our secrets are safe with our friends because they can't remember them either.
18. Our supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
19. And last but not least.......We can't remember what blogger put this in his post:))
And, this one is for you Becky....... Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night!!