Monday's short winter storm was a nasty little bit of business while it lasted. It dumped about six inches of snow on us then followed that up with freezing rain. I'm surprised we didn't lose our power. The winds were just a-howlin through the pine trees. Today's morning dawned clear and calm and luckily our temperatures had risen overnight so the new snowfall did not freeze up. It was easily shoveled, but very heavy, and of course I always overdo myself. But, the nice thing was that at 33F with no wind I was able to be outside without my mitts on. Bonus:)) With temps to be at or above freezing for the next seven days, we should lose a slightly reasonable whack of snow again. Nice to see February checking out for another year and just think, a month from now we will all be on the eve of April:)))))
OUR PARK'S SNOWPLOW WAS ON THE JOB FIRST THING THIS MORNING
|HERE'S A PARK RESIDENT TAKING HER CAR FOR AN AFTERNOON WALK|
|MY SNOW SHOVEL AND I WERE BUSY AGAIN TODAY|
|HOW GREAT TO SEE A LATE AFTERNOON SUNSPLASH AT THE CORNER OF OUR HOUSE|
|LOTSA BIRDS IN THE FRONT YARD AGAIN AND NO THOSE YELLOW THINGS ARE NOT COLORFUL CANARIES....THEY ARE CORN COBS|
|BY GOLLY AND THERE'S ONE OF THOSE VERY CORN COBS NOW|
|PHEEBS SPENT SOME TIME HELPING ME MOVE SNOW AROUND TODAY|
Ellen's Groove:)) 'Wow' is she ever getting good at this. Hysteria
IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE WE HAVE FLOWERS POPPING UP IN OUR FRONT FLOWER BED AGAIN I'M JUST LOVING THAT SUNSHINE STRAIGHT AHEAD BURIED UNDER ALL THAT SNOW IS OUR PATH LEADING TO THE PARK'S POND
GROANER'S CORNER:(( An old computer joke but most of these things still apply today::
- Home is where you hang your @- The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
- A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.
- You can't teach a new mouse old clicks.
- Great groups from little icons grow.
- Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.
- C: is the root of all directories.
- Don't put all your hypes in one home page.
- Pentium wise; pen and paper foolish.
- The modem is the message.
- Too many clicks spoil the browse.
- The geek shall inherit the earth.
- A chat has nine lives.
- Don't byte off more than you can view.
- Fax is stranger than fiction.
- What boots up must come down.
- Windows will never cease.
- Virtual reality is its own reward.
- Modulation in all things.
- A user and his leisure time are soon parted.
- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
- There's no place like http://www.home.com
- Know what to expect before you connect.
- Oh, what a tangled Web site we weave when first we practice.
Seeing his shares plummet on a black morning during the recession, the boss called to his secretary, “Get my broker, Miss Wilks!” "Certainly, sir. Stock or pawn?”
OK! You made it through what I hope will be your last one. Though I remember long ago I was hiking/camping in NY in April and it came a wee blizzard. Actually it's snowed here in April a couple of times in my 77 years. Hope you will have a nice warmup and plenty of sunshine. Days ARE getting longer.ReplyDelete
I feel your pain, Al with the shoveling. Since last Wednesday we have had almost 8 feet of snow and our mountain communities are at a stand still - no one going any place. Our County has deemed us a disaster area and the governor is being asked to do the same. Most roads (mine is one) have not seen a plow since last Friday.ReplyDelete
No significant new snow here this week. Maybe 2-3".ReplyDelete