With a few flecks of snow mixed in it rained all of Sunday afternoon, Sunday evening, and all through the night. We woke up to a very miserably cold wet morning so Pheebs and I again didn't go too far. We have a little route we kinda follow to check on the Bayfield Beach construction and progress on the new Tim Hortons coffee shop. Road to the beach was closed and I figure Tim Hortons has probably set their opening date back to about July of 2022.
|I'M HOPING THESE MORNING 'CELSIUS' TEMPERATURES WILL SOON BE BEHIND US|
Slow poked ourselves around Bayfield's streets looking at all the different types of houses and cottages. Stopped into the local cemetery to let Pheebs out for a run while I huddled myself beside the Jeep to keep out of the wind and blowing rain pellets. We were home less than an hour after we had left. And yes I brewed myself up another great tasting cup of coffee with the new coffee maker before we left. Coffee stayed hot for quite awhile so two thumbs up for my new one cup coffee maker:))
THANKS TO THESE PLASTIC FLOWERS IT LOOKED LIKE SPRING IN THE CEMETERY
Awhile back I had mentioned in the blog a decision had been made to sell my hardly ever used Samsung Galaxy 5 smart phone. A blog reader from Exeter Ontario at the time in Florida emailed saying they were interested in buying it. A few emails back and forth and today we drove over to Exeter and exchanged the phone for an agreed upon price. Kelly wanted to drop into Exeter's PetSmart anyway. Met Trudy and Mark at Tim Hortons coffee shop. Truly nice folks who with their new Mercedes Benz Class B RV just spent their first couple RV months on the road. Not only reading my blog but others on our side bar these past few years they are happy campers and excited to finally be in on the RV lifestyle themselves. It was nice to see their excitement today and I couldn't help but wish we were in their shoes at the beginning of our travels instead of where we are now near the end.
|BIRD HOUSES SEEN IN BAYFIELD THIS MORNING|
SORRY IF I SCARED YOU BUT I'M JUST GETTING A HAIRCUT AND HOPING KELLY WON'T LOP MY EAR OFFPHEEBS STICKS CLOSE BY IN CASE OF A SCISSORS SLIP
Skies began clearing around noon so later on Pheebs and I headed out for a walk but with a cold north wind feeling like it was being piped in direct from the Arctic Circle we didn't go too far but did manage a few photos around the Park's pond as well as our own front yard pond.
|QUIET WATERS ON OUR PARK'S POND THIS AFTERNOON|
|BIG BLUE TAKES FLIGHT|
|A FLOTILLA OF SMALL DUCKS ON THE POND|
|THIS IS ONE OF THREE GOLD FISH IN OUR FRONT YARD FROG POND|
|I THINK WATER SPIDERS ARE SECRET ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE AS I SAW THIS FELLOW TONIGHT FLOAT UP OUT OF THE POND AND SAIL OFF INTO THE STAR STUDDED NIGHT SKY TRAILING A LONG GOLDEN CAPE:))|
1. "Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Southwest Airlines."
2. "Your seat cushions can be used for flotation, and, in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with you with our compliments."
3. "As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."
4. And from the pilot during his welcome message: "Delta airlines is pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight!"
5. Overheard on an American Airlines flight into Amarillo, Texas, on a particularly windy and bumpy day: During the final approach, the Captain was really having to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the Flight Attendant said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Amarillo. Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate---------------------
A patient sobs to his doctor, “I feel like a pair of curtains!”Doctor replies, “Well pull yourself together man!”
- Why did the teacher wear sunglasses?Because his class was so bright!
- Did you hear about the cross eyed teacher? He couldn't control his pupils!
Joe said, "Know what, Charlie? I killed 5 flies yesterday, 3 males and 2 females." "How could you tell them apart, Joe? asked Charlie. "Joe replied, "It was easy. The 3 males were sitting on a case of beer, and the 2 females were on the phone."