OUR FEARLESS NAVIGATOR WITH MAP UNDER HER ARM CHECKS OUR TIRE MINDER SYSTEM
Rolled out of Montgomery Alabama’s Cracker Barrel by 7:30 and headed North on I-65. It was one of those excellent driving mornings. A bit on the cool side with bare dry roads and a high light cloud cover with diffused sunlight filtering through. Made for a real pretty morning traveling through Alabama’s rolling hills. I like that State.
CLOUDS BEGAN TO THICKEN UP AND LESS THAN A MINUTE AFTER I TOOK THIS PHOTO THE NORTHERN ALABAMA RAINS WERE UPON US
LUCKILY THIS NARROW BAND OF RAIN SHOWERS ONLY LASTED FOR ABOUT 30 MILES
STILL IN ALABAMA WE CROSS THE TENNESSEE RIVER
OUR INQUISITIVE NAVIGATOR CHECKS TO SEE WHAT THE TENNESSEE RIVER IS DOING IN ALABAMA
Being a Saturday, traffic was thankfully lite. Luckily we had the two best traveling days of Saturday and Sunday ahead of us. Lighter traffic volumes, less trucks, construction zones shut down for the week-end, and no morning or afternoon rush hours to contend with. Wish every traveling day was a Saturday or Sunday.
HEY WHAT’S A ROCKET DOING THERE NEXT TO I-65
STILL RAINING AS WE PASS THIS WATERLOGGED LOOKING ‘WELCOME TO TENNESSEE’ SIGN
WISHED I HAD A DOLLAR FOR EVERY MILE I HAVE DRIVEN IN MY LIFE
Our goal today was to reach Nashville with a secondary goal of maybe Louisburg Kentucky. Luckily we made both and this post is coming to you from a Cracker Barrel on the west side of Louisberg.
COULD THIS BE ‘KENTUCKY DOWNS’??
YEP, IT’S A REAL KENTUCKY BARN QUILT ALRIGHT
CHEVY CORVETTE MUSEUM
OKAY JUST KEEP IT BETWEEN THE CEMENT BARRIERS AL
Traffic was lite through Birmingham Alabama and we never had any problems. Think it might have been around 11 a.m.
BIRMINGHAM SKYLINE AHEAD
It was around Noon when we plowed into the West side of Nashville Tennessee and again thanks to it being Saturday traffic was slightly civilized. Well that is until we ran into a big stop an go traffic jam due to an accident again. When oh when oh when will people ever learn how to drive on multiple lane highways!!!!
TOOK US THE BEST PART OF HALF AN HOUR TO FREE OURSELVES FROM THIS TRAFFIC JAM
KELLY SNAGS A FEW ACCIDENT SCENE PHOTOS AS WE GO BY
NASHVILLE KENTUCKY SKYLINE COMING UP
NO I’M NOT IN THE WRONG LANE IT’S JUST AN OPTICAL ILLUSION RIGHT??
OKAY SO I’M GETTING CLOSER
Exiting Nashville on the East side around 1 p.m. we decided to keep on going and do the 150 mile drive to Louisville and that way use Sunday for Cincinnati or Indianapolis whichever way we decide to go. If we can avoid a week day drive through any major city regardless of what time of day it is we will go out of our way to do that.
SAW THIS RATHER UNIQUE CUSTOMIZED AIRSTREAM TRAVEL TRAILER IN A KENTUCKY REST AREA
ONLY IN AMERICA EH
ROLLING THROUGH KENTUCKY KELLY TOOK THESE PHOTOS OF PHEEBS AND HER TOYS….OLLY THE OLIPHANT, SHUSTER THE ROOSTER ,AND PLATY THE PLATYPUSS
We don’t know how far we’ll get Sunday but the barn door is open and the horses are headed home:))
NO WE DIDN’T GO IN FOR SUPPER THIS TIME
- Why is it that if someone tells you that there are 1 billion stars in the universe, you will believe it, but if someone tells you a wall has wet paint, you will have to touch it to be sure?
- If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it FedUPs?
- Are Lipton Tea employees allowed to take coffee breaks?
- What hair color do they put on the drivers licenses of bald men?
- Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do, write to them? Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen could look for them while they delivered the mail?
- How much deeper would oceans be if sponges didn't live there?
- If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
- You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
- No one ever says 'It's only a game,' when their team is winning.
- Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag?
- “It's been my life long vision to become an optometrist, but I just couldn't see a way to make it happen.”