NOW HOW’S THAT FOR A GENUINELY GREEN HAPPY FACE SMILE
One of our favorite area breakfast places is the Bayfield Berry Farm tucked away in the quiet Huron County countryside on Orchard Line just a couple short miles from our place. Quite often over the years when we have had company it is the Berry Farm we all end up at for breakfast and this morning was no exception. Before they headed home to Cambridge Ontario we met Ben, Bri, Darion, and Kai around 8:30 for bacon and eggs, sausage, pancakes, toast and coffee. A great breakfast on a beautiful sunny late August morn. We will probably see them again briefly on the Labor Day week-end when they visit friends in the area.
THE BAYFIELD BERRY FARM
WE WERE THE FIRST ONE’S THERE THIS MORNING AND HAD THE PLACE TO OURSELVES FOR AWHILE….I LIKE WHEN THAT HAPPENS
SURROUNDED BY FRESH FRUIT AND VEGITABLES, BAKING, AND AN ARTSY FLAIR THE BERRY FARMS BRIGHT OPEN CONCEPT JUST MAKES A PERSON FEEL GOOD
WE HAVE A BIG LIZARD IN OUR MOTORHOME, THIS IS WHERE WE GOT IT, AND IT’S A TWIN BROTHER TO TO THE BROWN LIZARD ON THE WALL ABOVE
POURING OVER THE BREAKFAST MENU
ALL BERRIES IN THOSE JAM JARS ARE GROWN IN THE FIELDS RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR
“HEY MOM THINK I’M GONNA HAVE THAT BIG 6 EGG HUNGRY MAN BREAKFAST THERE”
DON’T THOSE APPLES JUST MAKE YA FEEL GOOD:))
“OH DEAR I HOPE DAD DOESN’T PUT PICKLES ON MY PANCAKES AGAIN”
YESIREEEE I BELIEVE IN THE ‘MAGIC OF THE SEASON’ ALRIGHT:))
I was able to get in about an hour and a half's front yard gardening putter before having to pack it in. The day's may still be too hot for me but early morning, evenings, and overnight's temps are remaining pleasantly cool as our days plod steadily onward toward Autumn’s magical days and nights:))
FRONT YARD CRITTERS
Phone rang this afternoon and it was Strickland Motors in Stratford Ontario wondering if we had found a vehicle yet. What!! It's only been 16 months since we last happened to stop in to their lot when looking for a vehicle to replace our 06 Jeep Wrangler. I wonder if one of the absent minded Senior salesmen while cleaning out a dusty old desk drawer happened across our phone number hastily scribbled on a crumpled up piece of faded yellow paper. Probably eh……
“OH NO” DARION JUST DROPPED HIS JELLY SANDWICH THROUGH THAT CRACK”!!
“CAN I HELP DAR”??
“YA CAN YOU SEE IT DOWN THERE KAI”??
“OK DARION I’LL LIFT THIS BOARD UP SO YOU CAN GET YOUR JELLY SANDWICH BACK”
Still not sure where Kelly and I will be sleeping for the next couple nights, in the house or in the Motorhome?? Guess we’ll figure that out sometime Saturday after Kelly’s daughter Rebecca, husband Ricardo, and little Ella arrive. I’m kinda hoping we end up in the rig cause then I can pretend we are off on another big RV boon-docking adventure somewhere. Besides it would be a nice break from our usual ‘summer in the house’ routine…………
GROANER’S CORNER:(( New Senior's Exam, you only need 4 correct out of 10 questions to pass.
1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get cat gut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?
Remember, you need only 4 correct answers to pass. ..
Check your answers below ....
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years
2) Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador
3) From which animal do we get cat gut? Sheep and Horse
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? Squirrel fur
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs
7) What was King George VI's first name? Albert
8 ) What color is a purple finch? Crimson
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? New Zealand
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? Orange
What do you mean, you failed?