STORMY MORNING SKIES OVER A COUNTRY ROAD RAILWAY TRESTLE ON KITCHIGAMI ROAD
Very much relieved this morning to wake up feeling just as well as I did when I went to bed Thursday night. My week long bout with dizziness & nausea were definitely over & I thought to myself how truly lucky I was compared to countless thousands of folks who every day wake up to some form of illness with no chance of ever feeling truly well again.
Despite our mornings cloud cover I did see a few dapples of sunlight making their way through our towering pine trees so figured that might be good for a few stormy sky photos. Pheebs & I headed out meandering our way along a few gravel roads on our way to Goderich. Slipped through McDonalds & down to the harbor, beach, & doggy walking area. A week ago I had stopped to take a few pics of maybe half a dozen stone & concrete Inukshuks along Lake Huron’s shore. I don’t know what those Inukshuks are up to at night but they are multiplying fast & I’m guessing there may be upwards of two dozen of them now. This particular area of shoreline could easily be called Inukshuk Beach. Nice to see people’s creative artsy side at play.
An outing for Pheebs at the dog walking area & we were soon in the Jeep making our way slowly back to Bayfield by 11 a.m. A few more barn photos & I have updated my Old Barns, A Few Newer Ones & Some Sheds Along The Way. Again, newer photos are at the beginning so you do not have to wade through the morass of 671 barn photos:))
A FEW CANDID PHOTOS OF THESE 2 LADIES POSING WITH THE INUKSHUKS
Had too many photos to include in my post so decided to put together a Live Writer photo album of my stroll along Inukshuk Beach this overcast Friday morning. I was surprised at the number of people stopping to take photos. Certainly could end up becoming a nice attraction for folks. Sure hope these stone & concrete monoliths do not fall victim to vandals.
I recommend viewing the photos in the slideshow format. Open the album then double click the first photo. Screen appears with photo enlarged against a black background. Move your mouse around a bit & look to the top left corner to where it says ‘Play slide show’. Click on that & away you go:))
Someone asked about the settings I had used on my camera for my first attempt at some starry night photos a few days ago. Tri-poded Nikon D3100 with an 18-55mm wide angle kit lens set at 18mm & focused to infinity. ISO 3200 at F 4 with a time exposure of 60 seconds. I'm sure some of these numbers will change as I gain myself some additional experience.
GROANER’S CORNER:(( And in the words of Phyllis Diller…..
- Whatever you may look like, marry a man your own age. As your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.
- Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shovelling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.
- The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public.
- A bachelor is a guy who never made the same mistake once.
- Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going.
- We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve years telling them to sit down and shut up.
- What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a new job the next day.
- Old age is when the liver spots show through your gloves.
- Tranquillizers work only if you follow the advice on the bottle - keep away from children.
- You know you're old if they have discontinued your blood type.