Again, so nice to wake up with no achy breaky feelings in my legs. How great when all the body parts come together in working fashion & decide not to be a pain in the parts for a day. Need to work on strengthening my leg muscles now & for that I am going to try using my bicycle.
Did about half our morning trail & the rest of my morning was spent spent puttering about with some light yard work. Kelly & I both cleaned our bicycles as well. They were pretty dusty from not being used these past few years. Took them with us to the South West a couple times on the back of our previous Damon Motorhome. I did like riding my bike in the desert at Why Arizona's Hickiwan Trails RV Park but overall we just didn’t use them enough to justify hauling them all the way down there & back every time we went. Didn't take long for today's heat & humidity to build so spent the remainder of my day inside. Pheebs did manage to get out with Kelly for a ride when they picked up some farm fresh eggs at the Mennonite store just south of Bayfield. Kelly said she even got to meet the chickens.
HAD I KNOWN THIS MALE CARDINAL WAS DROPPING IN FOR A BATH TODAY I WOULD HAVE HAD THE WATER TOPPED UP
I obviously mis-read the on-line Farmer's Almanac about our full Moonrise time in this area Tuesday night. Pheebs & I were just about ready to head out when I happened to glance out our living room window & saw the Moon already up in the Pine trees. Had missed it by about an hour. Oh well, maybe next month.
A MAN & HIS HORSE OUT FOR A CART RIDE AROUND THE TRACK TUESDAY MORNING
And sharp eyed Barney from OLD FAT MAN ADVENTURES found 7 frogs in Tuesday’s photo where I only saw one on the right. Just goes to show how good my eyes really are. No wonder I have trouble reading anything. I have posted the same photo below again for anyone wanting to challenge their eyes to a frog count.
AHHHHH, THAT FEELS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD:))
Now here’s an article I & other folks like myself will find very interesting. 23 SIGNS YOU ARE SECRETLY AN INTROVERT. Well, it’s no secret on my blog what I am that’s for sure. I identified strongly with all 23 signs, the exceptions being 6 & 7 which were in a gray area for me. Believe me it’s not easy being an introvert in a mainly extroverted society. It’s another one of those shaky closet topics but I did pull this off the internet which I think sums things up amazingly well…………………. ‘Contrary to what most people think, an introvert is not simply a person who is shy. In fact, being shy has little to do with being an introvert! Shyness has an element of apprehension, nervousness and anxiety, and while an introvert may also be shy, introversion itself is not shyness. Basically, an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people.
Introverts are more concerned with the inner world of the mind. They enjoy thinking, exploring their thoughts and feelings. They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."
When introverts want to be alone, it is not, by itself, a sign of depression. It means that they either need to regain their energy from being around people or that they simply want the time to be with their own thoughts. Being with people, even people they like and are comfortable with, can prevent them from their desire to be quietly introspective.
Being introspective, though, does not mean that an introvert never has conversations. However, those conversations are generally about ideas and concepts, not about what they consider the trivial matters of social small talk’.
When I turned the water pump on in the rig this afternoon there was a very strong sulphur smell to the water coming out of the tap which was drawing water from our fresh water tank. Haven’t encountered that before. I have a feeling it has something to do with the hot water heater but don’t know what. I did not have the hot water tank turned on at the time & we do not have sulphur laden water here.
GROANER’S CORNER:(( OIL CHANGING INSTRUCTIONS
- Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 since the last oil change.
- Drink a cup of coffee.
- 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.
- Go to O'Reilly auto parts and write a check for 50 dollars for oil, filter, oil lift (AKA kitty litter), hand cleaner and scented tree.
- Discover that the used oil container is full. Instead of taking it back to O'Reilly to recycle, dump in hole in back yard.
- Open a beer and drink it.
- Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
- Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
- In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
- Place drain pan under engine.
- Look for 9/16 box end wrench.
- Give up and use crescent wrench.
- Unscrew drain plug.
- Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil; get hot oil on you in the process.
- Clean up.
- Have another beer while oil is draining.
- Look for oil filter wrench.
- Give up; poke oil filter with Phillips screwdriver and twist it off.
- Buddy shows up; finish case with him. Finish oil change tomorrow.
- Next day, drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car.
- Throw oil lift (AKA kitty litter) on oil spilled during step 18.
- Beer. No, drank it all yesterday.
- Walk to 7-11; buy beer.
- Install new oil filter making sure to apply thin coat of clean oil to gasket first.
- Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
- Remember drain plug from step 11.
- Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
- Hurry to replace drain plug before the whole quart of fresh oil drains onto floor.
- Slip with wrench and bang knuckles on frame.
- Bang head on floor board in reaction.
- Begin cussing fit.
- Throw wrench.
- Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit Miss December(1992) in the left boob.
- Clean up; apply Band-Aid to knuckle.
- Dump in additional 4 quarts of oil.
- Lower car from jack stands
- Accidentally crush one of the jack stands
- Move car back to apply more oil lift (AKA kitty litter) to fresh oil spilled during step 23.
- Drive car
- Tourists see the world, travelers experience it.
- Home is where your pet is:))
- "If having a soul means being able to feel
love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals
are better off than a lot of humans."
- The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails -William Arthur Ward
- The only thing better than right now will someday be the memories of right now...AL.
- It is not so much having nothing to do as it is not having the interest to do something....AL.