Still not able to do morning walks with Kelly & Pheebs but I am able to tackle a few yard projects & this morning it was time to dig up & move a bunch of bush ferns I had planted about 5 years ago. The ferns near one of our garden sheds had grown & spread. It was time for a change. Took me a couple hours to dig up & relocate them all. A challenging project for tired aging muscles on a sunny Sunday morning. Not only a welcome physical challenge but a refreshingly creative mental challenge as well. I like when I wake up in the morning with a project in mind & the interest to get at it:))
FERNS HAVE BEEN RE-LOCATED TO THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE ALONG THE ROAD
Sore muscles are feeling good tonight as the light at the end of this long summer's tunnel flickers & grows a little brighter. Need to get this sore foot healed up so I can resume not only my morning walks but my afternoon & evening walks with Pheebs as well. Spent the rest of my day staying off my foot & tonight I think I sense some progress.
AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ONE LEAVES THEIR CAMERA UNATTENDED…SOMEONE ELSE PICKS IT UP & CANDIDLY USES IT:))
Note to OH, THE PLACES THEY GO!. Do you have a link for the place in Elkhart that makes those custom wall hugging RV recliners? Thanks……………..Just noticed John & Brenda have all the details including pics of their rig which is now for sale. Check it out HERE
AND HERE’S WHAT YOUR PICASA PHOTO EDITING PROGRAM CAN DO FOR YOU…IT CAN EVEN GROW HAIR:))
<<< PHEEBS POSES IN HER ‘HOWLING COYOTE STANCE’…SHE LEARNED THAT IN ARIZONA:))
SallyB inquired a short while back how Aunt Jean in Sarasota Florida was doing. We just received an email from Jean earlier this evening. In part she said, “Noticed in the comments section that Sally was asking about me. Have been reading your Blogs with great interest. Don't know what we all would do without the pictures of the Pheebs. They bring a smile to many faces across both Country's. What a special gift she is to you & Kelly. Just tell Sally that I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that my age has caught up to me. Will have to decide if I want to sit & do nothing, or go down fighting”.
JUST A STONE THROWN INTO THE GOOSE POND THIS EVENING
Well folks, let me tell you……my Aunt Jean has never been one to ‘sit & do nothing’. Anyone following my blog for awhile will well remember the last two winters when Jean flew out from Florida to first join us at ‘The Ranch’ in south-eastern Arizona 2 years ago & then again at our house in Congress Arizona last winter. Lots of bouncy Jeep rides through the desert & tipsy turvy mountain road climbs. Throw in some desert walks & a rock scramble or two & you all will remember my adventuresome & ‘no sit down’ Aunt Jean:))
JEAN POINTS & SAYS, “HEY LOOK AT THOSE 2 CRAZY GALS WITH A DOG WAY OVER THERE ON THAT HIGH ROCK”
GROANER'S CORNER:(( Wisdom For An Age Of Wise Guys
1. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
2. A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
3. Life's briefest moment is the time between reading the sign on the
freeway and realising you just missed your exit.
4. No one ever says "It's only a game," when their team is winning.
5. You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
6. A clear conscience is usually a sign of a poor memory.
7. After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done.
8. Always remember that one effective way to deal with things that want to eat you is to taste terrible.
9. The light at the end of the tunnel is usually a sign that says "No
10. If you must choose between two evils, choose the one you've never tried before.
- Tourists see the world, travelers experience it.
- Home is where your pet is:))
- "If having a soul means being able to feel
love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals
are better off than a lot of humans."
- The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails -William Arthur Ward
- The only thing better than right now will someday be the memories of right now...AL.
- It is not so much having nothing to do as it is not having the interest to do something....AL.