STAIRWAY TO THE BAYFIELD BEACH (BEACH IS ALSO ACCESSIBLE BY CAR)
Came home with mixed feelings after seeing the Orthopedic Surgeon about my hip problem this afternoon….if it even is a hip problem now. He said my hip showed signs of moderate Arthritis but there was still enough fluid in the joint to keep the ‘bone on bone’ situation from occurring. Apparently it is when bone begins to rub on bone that most hip replacements are done. So on one hand I am glad I do not need hip surgery but discouraged there is no immediate solution to the pains & soreness in my hip area. Have to be thankful for one thing though. The pain & soreness are not constant. On days that it is I have found that if I stop moving & sit down, the pain stops & if I sit long enough it eventually subsides. He also suggested the pain may be caused by something other than my hip. So that kind of puts me back to where I was last winter in not knowing the pain source. I was actually glad last month when my hip X-ray showed ‘moderate to severe’ damage (those were words told to us, not my words) because I felt that finally pinpointed the pain & soreness I have had since late last summer & at last something could be done to correct the problem. Guess that is not going to happen now but he did give me a requisition for another hip X-ray in about 4 months to see if there has been any change. In a nutshell, I am no further ahead than I was last winter. My cane will remain my close companion when needed, as well as extra strength Tylenol. And I have resumed my daily Arthrotec arthritis pill plus added a second pill at supper time.
And that’s about enough complaining out of me for today…………………………………………
SUNSET ON THE BAYFIELD PIER
GROANER’S CORNER:(( ‘Signs You Drink Too Much Coffee’
- You answer the door before people knock.
- Juan Valdez named his donkey after you.
- You ski uphill.
- You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.
- You haven't blinked since the last lunar eclipse.
- You lick your coffeepot clean.
- You're the employee of the month at the local coffeehouse and you don't even work there.
- Your eyes stay open when you sneeze.
- You chew on other people's fingernails.
- Your T-shirt says, "Decaffeinated coffee is the devil's blend."
- You can type sixty words per minute ... with your feet.
- You can jump-start your car without cables.
- Cocaine is a downer.
- You don't need a hammer to pound nails.
- Your only source of nutrition comes from "Sweet & Low."
- You don't sweat, you percolate.
- You buy 1/2 & 1/2 by the barrel.
- You've worn out the handle on your favorite mug.
- You go to AA meetings just for the free coffee.
- You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it's not plugged in.
- You forget to unwrap candy bars before eating them.
- Charles Manson thinks you need to calm down.
- You've built a miniature city out of little plastic stirrers.
- People get dizzy just watching you.
- You've worn the finish off your coffee table.
- The Taster's Choice couple wants to adopt you.
- Starbucks owns the mortgage on your house.
- Your taste buds are so numb you could drink your lava lamp.
- Instant coffee takes too long.
- When someone says. "How are you?", you say, "Good to the last drop."
- You want to be cremated just so you can spend the rest of eternity in a coffee can.
- Your birthday is a national holiday in Brazil.
- You're offended when people use the word "brew" to mean beer.
- You have a picture of your coffee mug on your coffee mug.
- You can thread a sewing machine, while it's running.
- You can outlast the Energizer bunny.
- You short out motion detectors.
- You don't even wait for the water to boil anymore.
- Your nervous twitch registers on the Richter scale.
- You think being called a "drip" is a compliment.
- You don't tan, you roast.
- You can't even remember your second cup.
- You help your dog chase its tail.
- Tourists see the world, travelers experience it.
- Home is where your pet is:))
- "If having a soul means being able to feel
love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals
are better off than a lot of humans."
- The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails -William Arthur Ward
- The only thing better than right now will someday be the memories of right now...AL.
- It is not so much having nothing to do as it is not having the interest to do something....AL.