Had a fair bit of rain in the night & I like the smell our Sonoran desert takes on when it gets wet. Creosote shrubs give off a distinct sweet & slightly pungent aroma that is unmistakable.
Knew soon as I looked out the window this morning I was going to have myself an inside day. Cloud cover was heavy & the air was cold & damp. Our walk around the block was brisk & our warm house felt welcoming on our return.
THIS PRETTY WELL SUMS UP OUR WEATHER TODAY
First on the agenda was the assembly of our new Ikea Poang chair & foot stool. Tackled the stool first & soon had the easiest piece out of the way. I did put together a couple Poang chairs about 4 years ago, but my memory did not readily retrieve the assembly files. Took me about half an hour but was finally able to figure it out & the job was done.
KELLY TRIES OUT THE NEWLY ASSEMBLED CHAIR & FOOT STOOL
Sitting around the rest of the day doing the square root of nothing wasn’t in the cards so I wasn’t long in hauling out a can of paint, a brush, & a roller. Our laundry room has a bunch of that ‘popular in the 70’s’ cheap light wood paneling on the walls. Took me a few hours but I was finally able cover up that grim looking cheezy paneling with a couple coats of paint.
Turned the TV on late this afternoon & heard about the terrible tragedy of all those children & adults dying in another senseless mass shooting. What a mess this world is in.
- Tourists see the world, travelers experience it.
- Home is where your pet is:))
- "If having a soul means being able to feel
love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals
are better off than a lot of humans."
- The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails -William Arthur Ward
- The only thing better than right now will someday be the memories of right now...AL.
- It is not so much having nothing to do as it is not having the interest to do something....AL.
- OUR PHOTO ALBUMS -https://picasaweb.google.com/117858411710794543295/