Pheebs & I were in the Jeep by 10 & headed for Goderich. Nothing special, we just needed an excuse to get out, & a stop at Walmart gave us that excuse. 1 jug of Cranberry Juice & 1 jug of Ginger Ale. From there it was over to McDonald’s where we spilt 1 Burrito. Minutes later we were out into the countryside again taking the long way home.
THE LONG WAY HOME
Had a trailer load of brush for the Park’s recycle area & spent the rest of the afternoon working away on my backyard project. Another small Poplar tree down as I continue pulling apart our yard & re-doing it. Getting a lot of foliage clutter out of the way & opening the yard up to more sunshine. Don’t know how long my renewed gardening interest will last so I am ‘striking while the iron is hot’ so to speak.
As enjoyable as it is traveling with pets, there can be difficult times if & when our best Pals are in any kind of medical stress. Ideas have to be discussed & decisions made. It is a time when a couple has to count on each other for help & support in making decisions for the well being of their pets. But, what about RV folks traveling alone with their Pals. One of RV Sue's 2 terriers, Bridget, has been diagnosed with a Cranial cruciate ligament tear leaving her unable to use one of her rear legs. Surgery may be required. A difficult time for solo traveler RV SUE & HER CANINE CREW.
PHEEBS & I SURE DO LIKE OUR COUNTRY ROAD DRIVES
Not a long post tonight. For some unknown reason my leg pains kicked back into gear with a vengeance this afternoon & have me hobbling around. So much so that I couldn’t take Pheebs for her afternoon or evening walks. Think I will just veg out in my recliner tonight. I’m suspecting it may be the damper cool weather causing my arthritis to flare up. Will be glad to get down to the warm dry desert air of Arizona. Both Kelly & I always notice a healthier difference between an Ontario winter & a South-west winter. Just another one of the many, many, reasons to head south…………….if you can.
<<< ONE LAST POND ORNAMENT TO PUT AWAY FOR THE SEASON
GROANER’S CORNER:(( Newspaper Headlines in the Year 2035
- Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest country in the world, California.
-Baby conceived naturally.... Scientists stumped.
- Iran still closed off; physicists estimate it will take at least ten more years before radioactivity decreases to safe levels.
- Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally, but President Chelsea Clinton has banned all smoking.
- Texas executes last remaining citizen.
- White minorities still trying to have English recognized as California's third language.
- Average height of NBA players now nine feet, seven inches.
- Microsoft announces it has perfected its newest version of Windows so it crashes BEFORE installation is completed.
- New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screw-drivers and baseball bats must be registered by January 2036.
- Tourists see the world, travelers experience it.
- Home is where your pet is:))
- "If having a soul means being able to feel
love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals
are better off than a lot of humans."
- The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails -William Arthur Ward
- The only thing better than right now will someday be the memories of right now...AL.
- It is not so much having nothing to do as it is not having the interest to do something....AL.
- OUR PHOTO ALBUMS - .https://picasaweb.google.com/117858411710794543295/