A CHARMING LITTLE VISITOR IN THE GARDEN THIS MORNING
We had ourselves a series of on & off light rain showers today, the temperatures were up & we finished the day under sunny skies & 70+ temperatures. Warm rainy days are fine with me & I was able to get a lot of yard work done again. For a small piece of property I always seem to have lots to keep me busy. If I want to be busy that is. We have sandy loam soil in this area & a bit of rain really makes it easy to work with.
NICE TO SEE PURPLE FINCHES BACK FOR ANOTHER SEASON....ALL BIRD PICS WERE TAKEN FROM MY COMPUTER CHAIR THROUGH THE WINDOW TODAY
Transplanted have a dozen ferns & relocated some bamboo grass. Did battle with my first mosquito of the season & won. The annual Spring squirrel wars are well underway as I try to locate & re-locate our many birdfeeders to spots where the squirrels cannot get at them. Right now it is 5 to 4 for the Squirrels. I’m sure I saw one Squirrel actually run across the yard on his back feet holding a long stick in his front paws & I am sure I saw that Squirrel pole vault himself 12 feet into the air & land square on one of the feeders. I’m almost sure I saw that!!
BLACK CAPPED CHICKADEE'S ALWAYS REMIND ME OF MINIATURE FLYING CLOWNS THE WAY THEY FLIT & TWIT ABOUT
TERI just spent the first night in her recently acquired RV after taking delivery at the Lazy Daze RV Center down there in Seffner, Florida. The RV Center offers RV related courses for first time buyers which Teri will be taking advantage of over the next few days. I think that is a great idea on her part. I wonder how many men would stick around for a, "free driver confidence class".
OUR GARDEN'S EVER VIGILANT STONE BIRD
Especially liked Sue’s thought provoking post over at BIG DAWG & FREEWAY this morning. Just like the GYPSY G-MA'S post on Monday, Sue asks herself some questions in real time. I enjoy these types of posts because they stir our thought processes & make us stop & think about who & where we are in life, where we’re going & where we hope to be someday. It is all relevant to the RV Lifestyle & people’s hopes & dreams. I feel it is important to talk about the cloudy days as well as the sunny days. It is the cloudy days which many do not talk about & yet it is the cloudy days all of us can learn so much from. Do not be afraid to share your thoughts because no matter how old we are, it is still a never ending learning process for all of us.
AN AMERICAN GOLDFINCH & A PURPLE FINCH BANTER ABOUT ON THE FEEDER
IVAN & HAILEY nearly ended up with a bad case of tunnel vision making their way northwards through Oregon recently. Good thing Hailey was driving:))
Kelly heads for Spencerport NY first thing in the morning to help her Mother who will be home from the hospital tomorrow following knee surgery on April 12th.
GROANER'S CORNER:(( APHORISMS
The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.
- If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.
- A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.
- How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?
- Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?
- I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap.
- The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.
- Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos.
- Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.
- After 60, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead!
- Always be yourself because the people that matter, don't mind and the one's that mind, don't matter.
---------------------------------------------------------------- EMAIL THE BAYFIELD BUNCH:))
OUR PHOTO ALBUMS http://picasaweb.google.com/stargeezerguy/
The only thing better than right now will someday be the memories of right